Noel Discusses Top 3 | Syracusefan.com

Noel Discusses Top 3

So, he says the thing he's looking for most is "the family thing." But he likes Kentucky for how they prepare their players to play in the NBA. Likes Gtown because they run their offense through the big man. I tell you what, these young super stars need to be politicians as well as athletes. He threaded the needle in that interview.

So, he says the thing he's looking for most is "the family thing." But he likes Kentucky for how they prepare their players to play in the NBA. Likes Gtown because they run their offense through the big man. I tell you what, these young super stars need to be politicians as well as athletes. He threaded the needle in that interview.
In his last blog he said going to cuse is like "a family thing"

In his last blog he said going to cuse is like "a family thing"

He did say that... He may not ultimately choose SU, but he has done nothing to think that we aren't right there the whole time. It's almost as if he takes what Hop and JB sell to him and reiterates it as what he is looking for. Whatever his choice, I'm ready for it to be over.

Yeah, I like the whole "family thing" but then talks most of the interview about the advantages of playing at the three schools in terms of how he would fit in on the court. I'm sure he very much wants a "family thing", but I would certainly expect what is going to mean the most to him at the end of the day, is how he will be utilized and best showcased to the NBA during his one and done year.

What I would love the idea of, if I were the big man, is his good friend is at the 'Cuse (thus helping provide a family environment) and not only does his good friend play on the team but is the man distributing the ball! Ya' think he'll get the ball? He and MCW would be dialed in; I can already envision the amount of alley-oops he would get and the opportunity to slam at home on opposing players. No question he would be embraced by 30,000 Syracuse fans if he comes to "our family". Come on, Noel! We'll keep the light on for ya'.

I think the "family thing" comment says a lot about Cuse.

I understand why he would want to really focus on how each school would use him. Having said that, every mock draft has him as the probably number 1 pick in the 2013 draft, every school left provides both plenty of opportunities to block shots, and all three have shown they will utilize their big men on offense. I guess I just feel like as weird as this sounds I'm not really sure how much a difference it will make basketball wise regarding what school he picks. He'll still block a lot of shots, he'll most likely still be the top pick in the draft, and he'll have a lot of touches on the offensive end. I would think the intangibles and off court stuff would be the ultimate decision maker. The "family atmosphere" he always speaks about, the friendships with his future teammates, the potential for a championship run, being able to play in front of huge crowds, etc... All things where it appears we have an advantage in. I hope that actually makes sense and isn't just wishful thinking from an SU fan.

Family thing about Cuse was big IMO. Mentioned liking Hop and Jb A LOT. He also specifically mentions playing with MCW would be something to look forward to.

No favorite will know next week. I speak for all Cuse fans when I say waiting on this feels like waiting on the OSU game for me. We got a shot at this thing and it will elevate us to the TOP. Pick CUSE!

If he does indeed decide to come here, we should name BornAgainCuse a moderator for the day.

It's ironic that the SU basektball poster this past year is all about "Family."

It's so tough to get a good read on which way he may be leaning. He either has one heck of a poker face or he truly has not made up his mind yet (or as of that interview). Although I may be taking too much of a psychodynamic approach to this, somehow I feel good that Daniels prompted NN to discuss Kentucky but then he chose to talk about Syracuse next, of his own accord.

It's anyones guess. Even being a lifelong Syracuse fan it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't choose Kentucky on account of the number of bigs we already have on board. If he does choose Syracuse there is no doubt that we have a logjam with the bigs. Noel gets beaucoup playing time should he land here and that means a couple guys who won't be getting the kind of minutes they would ideally like. I see that as being the biggest issue in terms of impact that could potentially make things delicate.

It's anyones guess. Even being a lifelong Syracuse fan it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't choose Kentucky on account of the number of bigs we already have on board. If he does choose Syracuse there is no doubt that we have a logjam with the bigs. Noel gets beaucoup playing time should he land here and that means a couple guys who won't be getting the kind of minutes they would ideally like. I see that as being the biggest issue in terms of impact that could potentially make things delicate.
I don't really see this as an issue. The bigs that would get minutes are XMas, DC2, and Noel. Xmas and DC2 get say 25 min a game and Noel gets 30. Thats plenty of minutes to go around. Kieta redshirts and gets another year to develope. Fair and JS split the 3 and just like the 4 and 5, the 1 and 2 get a three man rotation. Grant redshirts, Mookie plays mopup/emergency minutes.

I'm not trying to be a delusional fan at all here...

but if he wants family, how can he get that at a program where 75% of the important players leave on a yearly basis?

Bottom line - the kid sounds intelligent and sounds like he is weighing these schools based on fair and relevant criteria. If he chooses another school, I will still root for him. Seems to have his priorities straight.

NN always comes across as a bright, humble, knowledgeable young man. From his writing ability in his blogs to his interviews on tape, there is so much to like about him. Oh yeah, I've also heard he's one hell of a hoops player.

I wonder how much he's considering his college position versus his NBA position. He may be able to play center at Kentucky, as a slender, athletic, finesse shotblocker. But, i can't see his frame at the 5 in the pros. I hope he's being sold on the idea of being a 4 in the NBA, and if he can count on DC to be the center, we have a nice chance. Otherwise, i'm not sure i see why he'd want to split minutes with Rak, DC, and Keita. He just saw Davis cement himself as Player of the Year and a No. 1 pick, by being THE guy.