Noel & MCW will be a Fab combo | Syracusefan.com

Noel & MCW will be a Fab combo

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Apparently, one hurdle has been overcome in securing a committment from Nerlens Noel.

According to Bud, Fab Melo is gone. Don't waste the wax lighting candles for him and Dion, they will not be back. Bud went so far as giving life to the thought of Melo being a lottery pick.

This coming after spending time with JB yesterday covering a promo for the Basket Ball.

JB answered questions on the team after the promo and stated that he would have a short bench for the post season.

When he said "short bench for post season" I hope he meant the NCAA tourney and not the BE tourney.

Personally, I think he needs the longer bench for the short-bench guys to play their best, but then, he has won almost 900 more games than I have.

Bud Poliquin breaking news story, Really

Im still waiting for Johnny Flynn to come back, Take what he says with a grain of salt

JB said throughout the season that Dion would likely go pro which i agree will likely happen

However dont push Fab out the door just yet

and btw, those of you who saying a big factor in fabs decision will be the incident over the summer with the gf. Please

Devo did alot worse during his time and he lasted 4 years on campus. So i dont assume Fab is gone

Bud Poliquin breaking news story, Really

Im still waiting for Johnny Flynn to come back, Take what he says with a grain of salt

JB said throughout the season that Dion would likely go pro which i agree will likely happen

However dont push Fab out the door just yet

and btw, those of you who saying a big factor in fabs decision will be the incident over the summer with the gf. Please

Devo did alot worse during his time and he lasted 4 years on campus. So i dont assume Fab is gone
Devo graduated. Fab has zero interest in getting a diploma.

They better keep going to class after the NCAAT, pass their classes and leave in good standing or we'll be in the same mess as UConn down the road. You can only hope they have some integrity and care something about the program and the teammates they leave behind. The school really has no control over whether they continue to go to class or not once they decide to leave. That's why the rule makes no sense.

I don't think this is really new information. I think the unanimous thought was that Fab would definitely be gone.

However, Noel is likely to declare before our season is even over, so that could be an issue...

I don't think this is really new information. I think the unanimous thought was that Fab would definitely be gone.

However, Noel is likely to declare before our season is even over, so that could be an issue...

All im saying is consider the source. Bud Poliqiun.

Personally, I think he needs the longer bench for the short-bench guys to play their best, but then, he has won almost 900 more games than I have.
I'm with you. Terrible news to hear JB may shorten the bench. I hope that is open to change based on the results of the BET. I was hoping for the opposite, the increased use of the bench. I was hoping for more use of the bench, continuing the use of the bench into the second halves of games. I was hoping JB would test the strategy at the BET, use it successfully, and continue thr0ugh the remainder of the season - the NCAAT.

Hard to keep that hope alive when I hear shortening of the bench.

Well, now everybody that Syracuse plays knows JB is using a short bench. I think he's blowing smoke. Guess we will have to wait and see.

They better keep going to class after the NCAAT, pass their classes and leave in good standing or we'll be in the same mess as UConn down the road. You can only hope they have some integrity and care something about the program and the teammates they leave behind. The school really has no control over whether they continue to go to class or not once they decide to leave. That's why the rule makes no sense.

I think the rule is a poorly crafted attempt to dissuade coaches from taking their chances with too many early departure guys. NCAA sports is supposed to be about student athletes. Student comes first in the combination of words because the concept is students who supplement their experience by participating in athletics. Over time its become more about athletes being forced to attend classes in order to participate in their sport.

It's one thing to have a guy that blows up and departs early every now and again, but the whole Calimari model is a travesty. You've completely forsaken the whole idea of college sports when you keep turning over a handful of one and done guys every year. At that point, why not just let the schools hire guys to come in and play basketball same as they hire people to work as ticket takers, ushers or vendors in the arena ... skip the course work.

The formula has pretty much always been 3 guards, 2 centers and 2 forwards. Triche, Scoop, Dion, Fab, Keita, KJo, Fair.

Makes sense to me.

If a coach cannot impress on his players the importance of going to class (as they signed up to do) so they don't screw their friends and teammates in coming seasons, then that coach is recruiting the wrong people.

And if Kentucky is able to get John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins to achieve this modest requirement, no school should have trouble with it.

I think the rule is a poorly crafted attempt to dissuade coaches from taking their chances with too many early departure guys. NCAA sports is supposed to be about student athletes. Student comes first in the combination of words because the concept is students who supplement their experience by participating in athletics. Over time its become more about athletes being forced to attend classes in order to participate in their sport.

It's one thing to have a guy that blows up and departs early every now and again, but the whole Calimari model is a travesty. You've completely forsaken the whole idea of college sports when you keep turning over a handful of one and done guys every year. At that point, why not just let the schools hire guys to come in and play basketball same as they hire people to work as ticket takers, ushers or vendors in the arena ... skip the course work.
Student-students leave college early to pursue work chances: there was more of a chance that Bill Gates and Paul Allen would not make a million dollars a year for the next 3 years than Fab and Dion.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Fab is like 30 years old.

He is 21 now, will turn 22 by the time this years draft. And by next years draft (when he does come back) will be 23. Big deal Wes Johnson was 23 and he got selected in the top 5.

He is 21 now, will turn 22 by the time this years draft. And by next years draft (when he does come back) will be 23. Big deal Wes Johnson was 23 and he got selected in the top 5.
bad comparison, wes johnson did not come back after being a projected first rounder

The formula has pretty much always been 3 guards, 2 centers and 2 forwards. Triche, Scoop, Dion, Fab, Keita, KJo, Fair.

Not until the last 6-8 games, it hasn't. I think it would be a big mistake to not use the bench in the NCAAT like he did through January. We do not have the most talented top 7 players but we do have the most talented 10 players.

Not until the last 6-8 games, it hasn't. I think it would be a big mistake to not use the bench in the NCAAT like he did through January. We do not have the most talented top 7 players but we do have the most talented 10 players.
I was thinking in terms of past post seasons. This season seemed different but it appears he was just whittling down to his 7. Hope I'm wrong because I agree with your premise that we have the most talented 10.

I was thinking in terms of past post seasons. This season seemed different but it appears he was just whittling down to his 7. Hope I'm wrong because I agree with your premise that we have the most talented 10.
He's not the key to the whole thing, but if Southerland plays well and hits shots for us we become a real dangerous team.

He's not the key to the whole thing, but if Southerland plays well and hits shots for us we become a real dangerous team.

Agreed, he needs to get his mojo back.
austin-powers.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom