Noel - torn Mcl and Acl | Syracusefan.com

Noel - torn Mcl and Acl

My daughter just tore hers (12-30-12) .senior year HS basketball. I think the mental anguish was more than the physical pain. (except for 2 weeks after surgery)Now 6 months of PT. Her Pt is loaded with tons of young girls that have done the same. Title 18 big money maker for the ortho people.

My daughter just tore hers (12-30-12) .senior year HS basketball. I think the mental anguish was more than the physical pain. (except for 2 weeks after surgery)Now 6 months of PT. Her Pt is loaded with tons of young girls that have done the same. Title 18 big money maker for the ortho people.
Sorry to hear it man.

http://kentckysportsreview.com "Sources have said Nerlens Noel has torn his MCL and ACL. Still waiting for confirmation." Tears ensue for#BBN
Unfortunately, I hate to be right about this. Looked like it due to awkward angle, similar to what I did. Season's over for him, and I just hope for his sake that it's not a full tear, ie, surgery and grafting to rebuild the ligaments.

Tough. Figured it was something along those lines.

Adrian Peterson did this at the end of the '11 season, and then proceeded to not only make it back for opening game '12, but was 9 yards short of the all time rushing record. You want to talk about an absolute physical specimen? Look no further. That just shouldn't happen.

Yup, ESPN just reported that too. Kentucky now has 8 scholarship players.

You dont scream like that if you dont tear your ACL

Feel terrible. This is why I never blame kids for leaving early (especially if they have a lottery guarantee). You just never know what could happen.

He'll be fine. Seems like most of these guys come back stronger and more focused after these injuries...and Noel isn't a guy who is going to have to rely on sharp cutting like a D Rose.

scholarships will be tight next year if they get wiggins and noel returns.

scholarships will be tight next year if they get wiggins and noel returns.

I expect NN to get drafted...maybe not #1 now (although that wouldn't suprise me either)...All it takes is one NBA team to draft him on his potential (which is substantial) and not mind taking a risk on him due to his injury...I am sure there will be at least one team...

I expect NN to get drafted...maybe not #1 now (although that wouldn't suprise me either)...All it takes is one NBA team to draft him on his potential (which is substantial) and not mind taking a risk on him due to his injury...I am sure there will be at least one team...
I think he'll get drafted too, but not #1 ... too much potential to let slip to another team. However, there's a sizeable difference in $$$ between getting drafted #1 and #15 or wherever he goes. His mandated one year of free basketball will cost him real money.

I think he'll get drafted too, but not #1 ... too much potential to let slip to another team. However, there's a sizeable difference in $$$ between getting drafted #1 and #15 or wherever he goes. His mandated one year of free basketball will cost him real money.

Agreed...it all depends on the medical reports and getting to a team willing to take a risk on him for his potential. As far as the money thing goes...I don't feel as bad about the differences as he will still make more in one contract than I will probably make in my lifetime. Plus, if he recovers fully, improves his game and shows he can stay injury free, his next contract will make up for it...

You dont scream like that if you dont tear your ACL
I only had partial tears of acl/mcl/mesicus, but no screaming, just heard a nice click or ripping sound, and acted like a baby after the fact.
I'm also an idiot. Have had multiple root canals, root canal retreats (when they realize, oopsy, you have multiple intertwined roots, we have to do over!), and dealt with that, as it seems to be nothing compared to the nastiness of the regular work stresses.
:eek:

This is why I have a huge problem with the way the NBA has chosen to conduct their business.

Noel just lost a ton of money because he wasn't allowed to go pro out of high school.

Why can't they adopt the MLB rule (eligible after high school, but if go to college - must stay 3 years or until age 21)?

College game would be overall better and the NBA would still get the star players early.

Feel bad for Noel don't like to see any kid get injured. The idea that he has now lost lots of money probably is not so. This type of injury was a career killer 20 years ago. Today many star athletes have had the repair and come back good as new ( including CJ Fair and Brandon Triche in hs, Adrian Peterson, etc). If NN comes out, he will still be drafted in the top 5 because the success rate of the surgical repair is so high and there are many success stories.

Really feel bad for Nerlens. Despite his spurning Cuse, he seems like a pretty good kid, and I hope he recovers quickly.

I also feel bad for advising Bjorn on where he could find instructions on making voodoo dolls.

He should transfer to Syracuse. He good rehab during his red shirt year and then boom big year reclaims his draft stock and leaves as a #1 pcik with a national title. How am I the only one that has come up with this. That would be MCW's senior year. What a dynamic duo they would be.

He should transfer to Syracuse. He good rehab during his red shirt year and then boom big year reclaims his draft stock and leaves as a #1 pcik with a national title. How am I the only one that has come up with this. That would be MCW's senior year. What a dynamic duo they would be.

MCW will be joining Noel in the draft this year...sorry to kill your dream...