Nolan Cooney named to Ray Guy Award Watch List | Syracusefan.com

Nolan Cooney named to Ray Guy Award Watch List

Against UNC, he averaged 47.8 yards per punt and it looked like he had very good hang time too.

Kind of a shocker he beat our Williams but it looks like he is going to be good for us. Wondering if Williams might beat him out as the kickoff guy though...we need someone who can get it in the end zone consistently.

Hopefully James can.

Against UNC, he averaged 47.8 yards per punt and it looked like he had very good hang time too.

Kind of a shocker he beat our Williams but it looks like he is going to be good for us. Wondering if Williams might beat him out as the kickoff guy though...we need someone who can get it in the end zone consistently.

Hopefully James can.

He kicked the ball very well and I am sure was icing for a few days after 9 boots.

Hopefully James can.

On the subject of hang time, which is hard to determine on TV: We averaged 47.8 yards per punt but gave up an average return of 15.5, (with a TD called back), and they averaged 45.5 while returned at 16.5 (and had a TD called back). That suggests that there wasn't enough hang time and that the kickers might have out-kicked the coverage.

But it was fun to watch.

Never be ashamed of something you are good at. I’ll take being Punter U if it means never worrying about bad punts or blocked punts
It would be nice to have to only punt a few times. I mean good for Cooney he's good at his craft it's just not a position you want notoriety for.

It would be nice to have to only punt a few times. I mean good for Cooney he's good at his craft it's just not a position you want notoriety for.
I don’t disagree. I perfer calling it Special Teams U

Seriously, our QB threw 3TD passes. Our running back rushed for 111 yards. We were +1 in turnovers, +122 in return yards and Cooney put all his punts within the 20 and four of them within the 10. Should that have added up to a win?

Seriously, our QB threw 3TD passes. Our running back rushed for 111 yards. We were +1 in turnovers, +122 in return yards and Cooney put all his punts within the 20 and four of them within the 10. Should that have added up to a win?

I'm not sure.....
1603215237190.png

Rename it. The SU punter watch list. If you have to do something, do it well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom