Nominations for "Support Person" | Syracusefan.com

Nominations for "Support Person"

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Southerland is allowed to have one "support person" at his kangaroo court "trial" / academic decathlon / Louisiana state high school equivalency exam today. Who would you pick?

I'm still debating but I've got a short list:

Chuck Norris
Jackie Chiles
Michael Knight
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Kramer's Caddie

Who would you guys want there with him?

If he goes with JLH he'll never get any work done.

Lucky guy.

I think he should bring either JB or GMac. Right now, just from the articles I have read on him, JS's perception to me is that of a jokester, a good natured, lazy, stupid kid. He would do himself a lot of good to counter those perceptions by bringing someone with a rep that is totally different than that to sit by his side. It would be a move that would show to the panel that he is taking this thing seriously.

Fartman

Fartman1.jpg

Seriously though, who do you guys think it will be? I want to say JB, but what kind of statement would that make? The appeal board could interpret that as putting pressure on them. Gmac or Hop would be better probably.

Seriously though, who do you guys think it will be? I want to say JB, but what kind of statement would that make? The appeal board could interpret that as putting pressure on them. Gmac or Hop would be better probably.

seriously... gloria allred would be wise.

Luke Cain

that outta send a message......

Oh Lord

Hop and Red would be my leading contenders. I doubt that JB would do it--and if he were to get impatient with the panel (entirely possible, given his past performances at press conferences), it could lead to some pi$$y comments that wouldn't do anyone any good. JS needs someone who can prevail upon hearts and minds at this hearing, calling out for a searching review of whether this kid needs to have the remainder of his senior season disappear. (No, I'm not familiar with all of the circumstances, either.)

Since the days of Devo's hearing and further back, I've always wondered about and been irritated by the apparent categorical rule that one absolutely cannot hire a lawyer as the "advisor" during this hearing. Yes, I get it that, like the military, a private school can make up its own rules and code of conduct and then tell you that's what you signed up for--but it seems pointless to forbid the participation of a person who's a trained, professional advocate. This here is the whole shooting match for James; he should be able to bring whomever he pleases with him to the event that will decide this hugely important chapter of his life.

Fingers crossed for good news later today or over the weekend.

Jack Bauer
Gandalf
Darth Vader
Don Logan (Ben Kingsley's character in "Sexy Beast")
Richard Harrow

DeShaun Williams, He would make JS look like a saint.

His attorney

Remember, the support person is not even allowed to talk. Changes the game a little as far as what you are looking for.

Some other options:

Kaiser Soze
Captain Insano
An owl

Alex Jones. After all, we need someone to expose the conspiracy against Syracuse Basketball. Jones's calm demeanor could only benefit James!

I still think they sould all march down to the dome and settle the thing at the free throw line. James goes 7-10 or better and he is back on the team. End of drama.

there is really only one choice: It has to be JB

no, not that JB . . . this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom