Non-recruiting junkies: my article on Bourama Sidibe | Syracusefan.com

Non-recruiting junkies: my article on Bourama Sidibe

iommi

Living Legend
For this who don't follow the recruiting board, I interviewed brand new SU signee Bourama Sidibeand his high school coach, Mark Taylor. Taylor was a great interview subject, very animated and passionate about Sidibe. We may have a recruiting coup here, folks. This kid can play.

Bourama Sidibe Won’t be Under the Radar for Long | Otto's Grove

Last edited:
The coach's description of his game / capabilities is very exciting. Top notch athlete who has squared off against several of the top big man recruits in the nation, and outplayed a few. That's saying something.

Kid is a perfect fit--and sounds like he'll be a 3-4 year player, unlike Richards / Bamba. I have a feeling we might be looking at a kid with Rak-type of upside, but with better offensive skill coming in.

The coach's description of his game / capabilities is very exciting. Top notch athlete who has squared off against several of the top big man recruits in the nation, and outplayed a few. That's saying something.

Kid is a perfect fit--and sounds like he'll be a 3-4 year player, unlike Richards / Bamba. I have a feeling we might be looking at a kid with Rak-type of upside, but with better offensive skill coming in.

Funny you mentioned Rak, the coach did a couple times off the cuff. Seems like he has a very similar upside. Different player now. This kid is very comfortable shooting the ball. Kid passes the look test. I don't know how much he actually weighs but he has an athletic presence about him. Just the way he moves and walks. This is no stiff. Not even close.

Good stuff. Just one pedantic nit-pick: "His name is pronounced: Boo-rahm-ah Sid-uh-bay."
Can you revise this to indicate which syllables are stressed? I'm guessing it's Boo-RAHM-ah SID-uh-bay?

"I can make a shot from the elbow anytime I want." — love that. He really does sound like a Garnett-type.

Good stuff. Just one pedantic nit-pick: "His name is pronounced: Boo-rahm-ah Sid-uh-bay."
Can you revise this to indicate which syllables are stressed? I'm guessing it's Boo-RAHM-ah SID-uh-bay?

"I can make a shot from the elbow anytime I want." — love that. He really does sound like a Garnett-type.

Also, a nickname. Do they call him Boo or something else.

Yeah, it's pronounced like you wrote. I should've written it that way. No nickname apparently. Everyone was calling him Bourama.

19 years old . . . so, he'll be a 20 y.o. freshman.

Getting more mature guys is a good thing, I think, except that it puts increased pressure on them to leave early due to the NBA's seeming preference for younger players.

19 years old . . . so, he'll be a 20 y.o. freshman.

Getting more mature guys is a good thing, I think, except that it puts increased pressure on them to leave early due to the NBA's seeming preference for younger players.

Believe he turned 19 a few weeks ago.

Wonderful article and a wonderful young man! With DaJuan gone and our Chukwu still learning, he will fit right in and big a big help to us. My heart went out to him about how far away his family is and how he has only seen them once in the last four years. I can't imagine.

For this who don't follow the recruiting board, I interviewed brand new SU signee Bourama Sidibeand his high school coach, Mark Taylor. Taylor was a great interview subject, very animated and passionate about Sidibe. We may have a recruiting coup here, folks. This kid can play.

Bourama Sidibe Won’t be Under the Radar for Long | Otto's Grove
Great article, fun read.

What's better than one Taurean Thompson????
2 Taurean Thompsons.

Glad to have this kid. Love those kids that sneak under the radar to everyone but our coaching staff.