North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina

IMG_5282.jpeg

I agree coaching matters. Hopefully Fran will matter soon.

It’s his third game. I’m still on the Fran Express
Hoping he can learn too but experience matters imo. We know he can recruit but think it will take time to grow into Head Coach roll which is why I wanted someone with experience ie Curt Cignetti, Bill O'Brien

but...but UNC won the second half ! that's improvement right ?

Bob Chesney says hi
I have to laugh. I was Bob Chesney all the way over Fran. People on this board went crazy because Chesney was boring and a lower level coach. Instead they wanted the guy that could bring in better talent, but was never a coordinator before. So there would be growing pains. Then last night happens the same people that wanted Fran over Chesney get mad when Fran is still learning the ropes. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Long way to go before anything is decided on what the right decision is. And there will be growing pains as Fran learns the ropes. This is what happens when you hire someone with very little experience. Your projecting he will get better and bring in better talent. I guess, I just have to laugh at how Jeckyl and Hyde this board is sometimes.

I mean, there were people last night that defended Jim B till the day he retired and excused all the mistakes he made when he coached for over 40 years and you wouldn’t expect those mistakes. Then you get a guy last night that is coaching his 3rd ever game after his first bye week and people are acting like we lost the national championship and the season is over.

VT about to get handled as well.

Our schedule is extremely easy. At least the Stanford loss ends the stupidity of us getting at large if we float around undefeated. Win the garbage conference and get a bye.

I have to laugh. I was Bob Chesney all the way over Fran. People on this board went crazy because Chesney was boring and a lower level coach. Instead they wanted the guy that could bring in better talent, but was never a coordinator before. So there would be growing pains. Then last night happens the same people that wanted Fran over Chesney get mad when Fran is still learning the ropes. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Long way to go before anything is decided on what the right decision is. And there will be growing pains as Fran learns the ropes. This is what happens when you hire someone with very little experience. Your projecting he will get better and bring in better talent. I guess, I just have to laugh at how Jeckyl and Hyde this board is sometimes.

I mean, there were people last night that defended Jim B till the day he retired and excused all the mistakes he made when he coached for over 40 years and you wouldn’t expect those mistakes. Then you get a guy last night that is coaching his 3rd ever game after his first bye week and people are acting like we lost the national championship and the season is over.

Lots of early conclusion-drawing.

Mack Brown is awful every G5 coach can ding him for a marquee win. JMU was undefeated last year.

I don’t think we lose again this season until Miami/ACC CG so if Fran goes to Florida Chesney isn’t a bad option along with Mullen.

It wasn't enough to fire berbers, we had to reject everything about him. An offensive guy with head coach experience from a smaller school? That's brrbers! No, defensive guy with no head coach experience from a big school.
fantasy-football.gif

Winners are winners period. Chesney is a proven winner, which is why I would have been ok with him. Of course, I didn't even know Fran existed.
Time will tell if Fran is a winner as a HC. Hard to think he isn't. Fran might have the higher ceiling.

It wasn't enough to fire berbers, we had to reject everything about him. An offensive guy with head coach experience from a smaller school? That's brrbers! No, defensive guy with no head coach experience from a big school.
fantasy-football.gif
Silly post. Wildhack didn’t hire a defensive coach, he hired a recruiter to run the program. I think he got OC right, and that’s what’s important. DC we’ll see.

Long term I see a lot of reasons to have optimism. There has been a lot more good than bad so far, and nothing to do with press conferences and behind the scenes tv shows and uniform choices.

Snap judgments off of a two pt loss are worthless.

Silly post. Wildhack didn’t hire a defensive coach, he hired a recruiter to run the program. I think he got OC right, and that’s what’s important. DC we’ll see.

Long term I see a lot of reasons to have optimism. There has been a lot more good than bad so far, and nothing to do with press conferences and behind the scenes tv shows and uniform choices.

Largely agree.

Our last coach used to get blown out after a bye week. Losing as time runs out is a good change.

How does a thread about N. Carolina losing to James Madison circle right back around to our team, our coach?
I'll connect the dots for you (my interpretation anyway).

OP starts post about UNC ---> JMU crushed UNC which prompted the OP most likely ---> Chesney is the coach of JMU ---> Chesney was considered a coaching candidate for Syracuse ---> People making conversation on a Syracuse message board about Chesney vs Brown (e.g. experience vs recruiter, etc).

Last edited:
How does a thread about N. Carolina losing to James Madison circle right back around to our team, our coach?
I don't think this loss scabs over until UNLV, I'm not surprised

Long game - I still 10,000% think Chesney would not have been able to recruit here at a high level.

Fran’s learning on the job. It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom