Northwestern 23 - Vandy 13 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern 23 - Vandy 13

How the hell did we let USC off the hook? They had the lead the whole game! They are clearly the better team.

Should have won? You people are nuts.

They are one of the elite teams in the country, with studs all over the field.

That fact that SU was able to play with them is admirable and a great sign of progress.

But should have won, nonsense.

Let em off the hook when we didn't play to win on 4th and 2 mainly. Had the mo. Had em on the ropes. Would have loved to see how the team had responded if allowed to go for it and possibly get the lead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Let em off the hook when we didn't play to win on 4th and 2 mainly. Had the mo. Had em on the ropes. Would have loved to see how the team had responded if allowed to go for it and possibly get the lead.

You are delusional. I love Syracuse just like the next guy, but USC had the better players all over the field.

We did well to keep it to 21-16 entering the 4th. Would I have liked to have seen what would have happened had we gone for it on 4th? Yes. Would that have made a difference in the outcome? HIGHLY doubtful.

You are delusional. I love Syracuse just like the next guy, but USC had the better players all over the field.

We did well to keep it to 21-16 entering the 4th. Would I have liked to have seen what would have happened had we gone for it on 4th? Yes. Would that have made a difference in the outcome? HIGHLY doubtful.

You like to toss words like delusional out there. They had better players than us??? Ya think??? No kidding. That's why I would have gone for it and seen what happened if we made it. We by any chance get the lead...you never know. Not a delusional opinion at all.

Vandy had 318 yards of total offense, and NW pulled out another win late in the 4th quarter.

And NW was the beneficiary of another VERY questionable call that set up their go ahead FG late in the 4th.

Happy for them that they got another W.

and Vandy gave top ten South Carolina all they could handle last week.
the transitive property works really poorly when you just look at wins

it works even worse when you look at who played someone tough.

we'll see how NW ends up

we'll see how NW ends up

agreed. for the record i was one of those people who said after the NW game that Northwestern was a baaaad football team. After watching our game I pegged them for .500 or worse this season.

I also watched the Vandy/SC game and thought Vandy looked like a solid team. I had Vandy beating Northwestern which shows how much I know. Didn't see any of this game but was really surprised NW won it - and won by 10 and limited Vandy to 13 points. Not that I though Vandy was a scoring machine but I thought NW's defense was that bad.

After seeing two weeks worth of Big 10 football the Big 10 looks down. Still think NW is a .500 team but maybe not.

we'll see how NW ends up

NW will wind up where they always do under Coach Fitz somewhere right around 7 wins and in a bowl game. Vandy was everybody's up and comer until last weekend. Fitzgerald is a great coach, IMO and gets his team ready to play every week, sure they arent world beaters but are always a tough out, IMO. At this point certainly a peer to SU and Vandy. They will pull a couple upsets in conference, beat a lower Big 10 team, win another OOC game and be right around 7 wins, IMO. Nobody has ever said they are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom