Northwestern a lock? | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern a lock?

RaleighSUfan

Scout Team
so I just looked at their "body of work".

By my calculations, they have a total of 3 wins over projected tourney teams:
Wake Forest at home
At Wisconsin (they've played terrible as of late)
Michigan at home

How the hell are they a lock?

I'm not saying they shouldnt make it in, but how are they projected so much further ahead of Syracuse?

They've also lost 6 of their last 9 games.

tend to agree, but I think their @ Wisconsin win will get them in - without that, yeah, they'd be in trouble

Jerry Palm had them as an 8 seed before their loss to Purdue.

palm is off his game this year as shown by the fact that he has us as 3rd team out behind at least 3 teams with worse resumes

i currently have Northwestern as 9th or 10th to last team in

Also, if Wisconsin drops out of the rankings this week, which is very possible(they lost to Iowa on Thursday), Northwestern won't have a single win against a current top 25 team. That's astonishing!

I want someone to ask Mike Greenberg if a mediocreNorthwestern team deserves to be in over Wichita State.

I want someone to ask Mike Greenberg if a mediocreNorthwestern team deserves to be in over Wichita State.
WSU clinched their conference tourney today so that questions moot.

Sagarin at 39, KenPom at 35, a road Top 25 win, another road Top 50 win (four total) - sounds like a 9-10 seed to me.

I wasn't only halfway kidding. They are worthy, but it would have been funny if they lost a couple more games just to hear Greeny moan and groan.