Northwestern coach Fitzgerald predicts he'll bring a hungry football team into the Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern coach Fitzgerald predicts he'll bring a hungry football team into the Carrier Dome

They better leave some hot dogs for the rest of us!

This is a tough game to open the season with, definitely a game we can win but I just wish for once we could get a 1-AA to start the season. 2 years ago we opened with Akron which I think helped this team work through the first game jitters and issues and set up a dame good season.

We should take up a fund so they get all the Dino they want BEFORE the game.

This is a tough game to open the season with, definitely a game we can win but I just wish for once we could get a 1-AA to start the season. 2 years ago we opened with Akron which I think helped this team work through the first game jitters and issues and set up a dame good season.
I get what you're saying.

We haven't performed all that great against the 1-AAs on our schedule though.

Yeah great point, to be honest I am allready not looking forward to that Stony Brook game especially if we get blown out the week before as the game will likely be closer then it should be. I dont like a lot about Rutgers but one thing I will say is that when they schedule a 1AA they get the bottom of the barrel, so no matter how flat they come out they eventually get it together and roll. Our struggles with 1AA teams the past few years is very odd to say the least.

I know its probably to early in the rebuild to expect a 56-7 type blowout but jesus can we at least be up 3 scores by the third quarter.

Also, could we please actually be prepared for the onside kicks, fake punts, and trick plays for a change against 1AA teams. Everyone in the stadium including the janitors know whats coming yet our players look stunned and fall for them everytime.

Syracuse hasn't had a decent team out of the gate in I don't know how long. In recent memory we have sucked, whether we're playing Akron, Purdue, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Wake Forest or whoever. Maybe a bottom feeder from the Patriot League would answer our prayers? I somehow think we'd still struggle.

Check out Northwestern's new Under Armour uniforms:

Ayu94TjCAAAs_gl.jpg:large

Ayu-CsTCUAAvKuy.jpg:large

A hungry dog runs faster...

I think thirst will be a bigger issue for them. ALA collapsing with cramps fro dehydration in the 3rd and 4th quarter in the sauna that is The Carrier Dome in early September.

And here I was thinking Northwestern would come in flat, slow and disinterested. I was way wrong.

And I also thought their coach would publicly tell everyone what a cakewalk the game would be.