Northwestern is dancing... | Syracusefan.com

Northwestern is dancing...

Happy for the school, and fans. Wilbon, and Greenberg, meh. Glad I don't watch ESPN anymore. But, the program, and fans deserves it.

Is Chris Collins next up for Duke?

I know Capel is the lead assistant, but is ahead of all the other Duke coaches at other programs.

Happy for them. Great school, campus, etc. Love Chicago.

Evanston is awesome I am about an hour plus from there. Really happy for them. I think when Coach K steps down that they will go after Collins. In the meantime it will be fun to see him coach at NW. I am closer to Allstate Arena where they are playing next year while their arena is renovated, I may have to catch a game.

Evanston is awesome I am about an hour plus from there. Really happy for them. I think when Coach K steps down that they will go after Collins. In the meantime it will be fun to see him coach at NW. I am closer to Allstate Arena where they are playing next year while their arena is renovated, I may have to catch a game.

Nice! It is awesome. I have a good friend in Rogers Park also. I've actually been in that arena a few times out there in Schaumburg or Rosemont or wherever that is. Rough venue. One can see why DePaul can't get any players these days.

Is Chris Collins next up for Duke?

I know Capel is the lead assistant, but is ahead of all the other Duke coaches at other programs.
I think so. Consider:
  • He took a team to the NCAAT that had never been there before - the last team from a power conference
  • He has experience head coaching in a major conference
  • He has experience coaching at a school known for student-athletes
The only other possibility I could see is if Brad Stevens decides that he's accomplished all he can with the Celtics and thinks the Duke job gives him his best opportunity. Collins is more accomplished as a coach than Wojo and Amaker struggled in stronger conferences. Capel hasn't been a head coach yet, my guess is he gets an opportunity somewhere if/when Collins gets the job.

I think so. Consider:
  • He took a team to the NCAAT that had never been there before - the last team from a power conference
  • He has experience head coaching in a major conference
  • He has experience coaching at a school known for student-athletes
The only other possibility I could see is if Brad Stevens decides that he's accomplished all he can with the Celtics and thinks the Duke job gives him his best opportunity. Collins is more accomplished as a coach than Wojo and Amaker struggled in stronger conferences. Capel hasn't been a head coach yet, my guess is he gets an opportunity somewhere if/when Collins gets the job.

Capel was head coach at VCU for 4 years and 5 at Oklahoma.

K's coaching tree is starting to take some roots. Brey at ND, Wojo doing a nice job at Marquette. Collins is obviously good. Capel had a FF at Oklahoma before it went bad right? Paulus will eventually jump in somewhere.

I am closer to Allstate Arena where they are playing next year while their arena is renovated, I may have to catch a game.

That place strikes me as one of the more depressing arenas in America.

That place strikes me as one of the more depressing arenas in America.

It's, in a word, a dump. It was fun seeing us play DePaul there in 2010 and 2012, sweated the 2010 game out way too much. Ton of SU fans there, probably because there are like 10 DePaul fans. Just glad I missed the 2006 game there!

Nice! It is awesome. I have a good friend in Rogers Park also. I've actually been in that arena a few times out there in Schaumburg or Rosemont or wherever that is. Rough venue. One can see why DePaul can't get any players these days.

Yeah, it is a bad arena to say the least. It's in Rosemont, which has a few really good restaurants and um, nothing else. Rogers Park is nice and close to the NW campus!

Yeah, it is a bad arena to say the least. It's in Rosemont, which has a few really good restaurants and um, nothing else. Rogers Park is nice and close to the NW campus!

Yup. He is right on the water. Jarvis/Sherdian. Jarvis stop on the Red Line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom