Not 10 more games without Pascal | Syracusefan.com

Not 10 more games without Pascal

Dilli Gaf

Walk On
He was the only player to defend the post yesterday.
We would have lost by 40 without him.
The contrast was stark.

Let's pray for his recovery.

I certainly hope his injury isn't bad.

it just doesnt matter much if he plays or not.

Did you watch the game yesterday?
GT scored every time they got the ball into the post, which was quite often, when Pascal was out of the game.
He shut down their inside game.
Please watch the tape or consult a knowledgeable viewer.
Our interior defense will be poor without him. It's gonna be ugly.

Marek needs to play because he is very good; but he is not an ACC post defender.
He should only get a few of his minutes at the 5 when we get exploited like yesterday.

The debate should not be Marek vs a center it should me Marek vs Brissett and Marek vs Hughes. I think Marek at pf has a lot of potential, especially when Brissett just cannot operate at the acc logo. JBs star player system is yet another one of his tendencies that is biting us in the butt right now... there should be no sacred cows but if I were him Howard and Brissett would be demoted to 2nd string.

The debate should not be Marek vs a center it should me Marek vs Brissett and Marek vs Hughes. I think Marek at pf has a lot of potential, especially when Brissett just cannot operate at the acc logo. JBs star player system is yet another one of his tendencies that is biting us in the butt right now... there should be no sacred cows but if I were him Howard and Brissett would be demoted to 2nd string.
Need to do something like this to make Frank hungry again. He's getting lazy on defense.

And dilligaf, just stop. PC played much of the second half. Are you really trying to say tech never scored inside when he was out there?

Need to do something like this to make Frank hungry again. He's getting lazy on defense.

And dilligaf, just stop. PC played much of the second half. Are you really trying to say tech never scored inside when he was out there?
Howard’s effort on the defensive end is totally lacking. Guys are going right around him, he’s not covering shooters, and his transition defense is awful. On top of that, he can’t score. Why is he playing?

Tech did not score inside in the 2nd half as they did in the 1st half. PC was one of the few SU players who played up to his potential. He will never be an offensive threat of any kind but he has the ability to be an impact player on the defensive side of the court. GT killed us from the outside in the 2nd half.

GT scored every time they got the ball into the post, which was quite often, when Pascal was out of the game.

Marek needs to play because he is very good; but he is not an ACC post defender.
He should only get a few of his minutes at the 5 when we get exploited like yesterday.
I don't know if it was his defense that stopped their inside game or the fact that in the second half they shot 5 fr 7 from beyond the arc. And 10 for 15 two pointers.

Like a lot of guys on the team, he’s good at one thing, and bad at everything else.

Regardless of who is on the floor, we’re giving up something in another area.

Can I buy you a drink?

They scored a bit but PC usually stopped their first effort and got beat on the second effort.
Watch the game closely. PC was vastly better in post defense.
When the game was getting away in the first half, he came in and we got the lead.

PC could not hold the fort by himself.
How many open 3 point shots did they get yesterday? Many. They shot a high percentage.

GT is the worst offense in the ACC, except for maybe ours.
We gave them confidence with all the easy inside scores with MD at center.

Howard’s effort on the defensive end is totally lacking. Guys are going right around him, he’s not covering shooters, and his transition defense is awful. On top of that, he can’t score. Why is he playing?

Because he's the only one who moves the ball in a half-way productive fashion.
You saw what we looked like without Frank. We couldn't even beat UConn.

If Carey was an actual natural PG and not a combo guard, then we might be doing a lot better.
But he's not, and right now, he's a shooting guard who can't shoot, playing point so well that he has more turnovers than assists and has hit 1 three point shot in his last 7 games.

But Buddy's the problem.

Where would our points come from? We would be playing 2 against 5. Milwaukee has Lopez shooting 200 threes where as he shot like a half dozen in the previous 8 years. The team is on fire. Don't spit out your cookies; I would have Chewy and Marek raining threes. We need open lanes for our guards and forwards.

Last edited:
Maybe they are both problems?

Maybe there are a considerable number of problems with the team pointing to one massive problem?

Because he's the only one who moves the ball in a half-way productive fashion.
You saw what we looked like without Frank. We couldn't even beat UConn.

If Carey was an actual natural PG and not a combo guard, then we might be doing a lot better.
But he's not, and right now, he's a shooting guard who can't shoot, playing point so well that he has more turnovers than assists and has hit 1 three point shot in his last 7 games.

But Buddy's the problem.

Where would our points come from? We would be playing 2 against 5. Milwaukee has Lopez shooting 200 threes where as he shot like a half dozen in the previous 8 years. The team is on fire. Don't spit out your cookies; I would have Chewy and Marek raining threes. We need open lanes for our guards and forwards.
A big part of the problem right now is that Brissett is not able to space the floor at all, he basically can only score on wide open dunks at this point.. Between him and our center and our point guard situation we are already effectively playing 2 on 5 on offense. As I stated miserably, this team is constructed horribly... Brissett, Howard, Hughes and Battle are effectively the same player except Hughes can stretch the D when he is hitting, when he’s not they are the same... mid-range shooters, with limited blow by ability and questionable handles and very poor court vision for passing. In an ideal world 2 out of the 4 would start and we would have a true point and a true power forward starting along with a true center. This is all on the zone... JB wants 6’5” - 6’8” dudes with long arms and who can fly to make his zone impregnable, offensive fit be damned. And our clogged toilet offense is a direct result of that strategy.

They scored a bit but PC usually stopped their first effort and got beat on the second effort.
Watch the game closely. PC was vastly better in post defense.
When the game was getting away in the first half, he came in and we got the lead.

PC could not hold the fort by himself.
How many open 3 point shots did they get yesterday? Many. They shot a high percentage.

GT is the worst offense in the ACC, except for maybe ours.
We gave them confidence with all the easy inside scores with MD at center.
If there is a worse offense in the ACC than ours, I certainly don't want to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom