Not a fan of this tweet | Syracusefan.com

Not a fan of this tweet

Ugh. Not good. But I guess DM knows talent after all! Hope he holds

ooohh boy -- that could get really interesting fast

Whigham is due for an upgrade by the services - has had an absolutely outstanding season to date ... can we hold off 'The U"?

ooohh boy -- that could get really interesting fast

Whigham is due for an upgrade by the services - has had an absolutely outstanding season to date ... can we hold off 'The U"?

Really good question. Normally you'd think not but with everything swirling around their football program who knows?

I like this kid alot...needs to add some weight but three star on scout

And he's a quote from him in an article about the choice of schools when he committed...

“I want to major in Journalism when I get up there and they have one of the top schools for that, so that was one of the key reasons I committed so early. All of the undergraduate programs are great and when I sat down with my family I communicated that this was an institution I’d want to attend even if I wasn’t playing football, so it became an easy choice.”

its always a good thing when they choose the school for academics too

I think this is where getting on kids early will really pay dividends. I desperately hope we hang on to him, he screams playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is where getting on kids early will really pay dividends. I desperately hope we hang on to him, he screams playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical Schiano. Let Marrone do the dirty work then go into poaching mode. And by Schiano, I mean Golden.

This has me very worried... I love whigham's game. I hope desperately we lock him up. When he puts on weight, we will be a star at safety or corner

Agreed, he's all Orange. He knows he has a shot to play early here and loves the staff. He's ready to kick the out of Miami once we're in the ACC.

These are the battles DM has to win in order to be successful. I hope JW remembers why he chose Syracuse in the first place and sticks with the committment- but Golden does scare the crap out of me.

This is the kid that had no use for all the johnny-come-lately schools a couple months ago... lets just hope that is indeed his stance. Miami coming into the picture vs. our crumble makes me think he has to be an absolute saint to pass it up.

For those who do follow recruiting, DM has won quite a few battles with schools who have tried to swoop in late and grab somebody. I think last year there were quite a few players that fit into this category. I'm not saying recruiting is where it needs to be - just that people seem to forget or just don't know about some of these recruiting battles that we have won.

Again, part of the job. Sink or swim, but who knows recruiting has to suck. I would hate it, worse than selling copiers, IMO. 17-18 year old kids are your client base, and people say bling and facilities arent that big of a deal, they are about 90% of it. It's not the guys we have recruiting it's what they are trying to sell that is the problem. You want better talent, pony up.

Wheatley in the Big 10 would be crushing it right now

Again, part of the job. Sink or swim, but who knows recruiting has to suck. I would hate it, worse than selling copiers, IMO. 17-18 year old kids are your client base, and people say bling and facilities arent that big of a deal, they are about 90% of it. It's not the guys we have recruiting it's what they are trying to sell that is the problem. You want better talent, pony up.

Wheatley in the Big 10 would be crushing it right now
Good post still would like to have a couple of guys on staff with great ties to NJ and PA they help

He's gone - no way he sticks to Orange when Miami offers.

In Syracuse

sky+is+falling.jpg

because we have recruits other teams want

Meanwhile @ Miami U

nevin-shapiro-miami-scandal.jpg

Has the NCAA made any final ruling on the Nevin Shaprio thing? Not sure Miami is a great place to want to play right now.

Good post still would like to have a couple of guys on staff with great ties to NJ and PA they help

If you are going to hire great recruiters for SU, they need to have solid ties to coaches and programs in very certain geographic areas. Established track records are essential. They will need the history because the product they are selling is inferior to many of our competitors. These relationships are essential. Again, people need to get out and look at facilities and see what we are working with and against, it is staggering. Realizing that we will probably never be state of the art and this why we need great recruiters that will most likely be good at Syracuse due to certain restrictions the program faces and always will

Meanwhile @ Miami U

nevin-shapiro-miami-scandal.jpg

Has the NCAA made any final ruling on the Nevin Shaprio thing? Not sure Miami is a great place to want to play right now.
Who honestly has a lollipop when they drink.

Who honestly has a lollipop when they drink.

Good point. Same people that drink things with delicately drawn pink flowers on the label and carry said bottle around with them when taking pictures I guess.

He reminds me of the "angry elf" bookwriter from the movie Elf upon further review.

Most of us knew this sort of thing would happen to the "under the radar" kids evaluated by Marrone and staff. Now, he's just gotta ensure the commitment stays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom