Not a good weekend for Notre Dame... | Syracusefan.com

Not a good weekend for Notre Dame...

cto

Administrator
Last night they lost football game to Stanford on a last-second field goal.

Tonight they lose basketball game in the last second to Alabama.

Can't believe I watched both games ... all the way. But that football game last night was one of the best of the season, and there wasn't much else going on tonight

Mike Brey's lackadaisical coaching literally lost ND the game. Alabama took a shot that the announcers clearly showed did not leave the shooter's hand till after zero showed on the shot clock, and that shot didn't even go in. It was tipped in by another player. If Brey was paying attention he would have screamed about it to the refs and they likely would have gone to the monitor and taken the two points away. And since ND ended up losing by one that was the difference maker, just as the announcers predicted it could be.

Mike Brey's lackadaisical coaching literally lost ND the game. Alabama took a shot that the announcers clearly showed did not leave the shooter's hand till after zero showed on the shot clock, and that shot didn't even go in. It was tipped in by another player. If Brey was paying attention he would have screamed about it to the refs and they likely would have gone to the monitor and taken the two points away. And since ND ended up losing by one that was the difference maker, just as the announcers predicted it could be.
Thye can't go to the monitor because the first shot didn't go in. They went over that on the broadcast. Ridiculous, I know.

Thye can't go to the monitor because the first shot didn't go in. They went over that on the broadcast. Ridiculous, I know.
I missed them saying that. But yes, that's the difference in the game. Awful.

Can't believe I watched both games ... all the way. But that football game last night was one of the best of the season, and there wasn't much else going on tonight
Ever since Donnie Mac got boned out of the Heisman, I relish every Notre Dame loss

Alabama doesn't appear to be that good either.

IIRC, Notre Dame historically had had its fair share of What OOC losses, but always recovers with a strong conference showing.

Umm... the Grey Cup was on ESPN 2 for Americans to watch. I kid.

As many Canadians, it is the only CFL game that I tune in for a portion of the game as if its my national obligation.

Norte Dame is on a four year cycle with Brey. Their 03, 07, 11 and 15 teams were really good. They then usually have big drop off before rebuilding again. This team was definitely overrated coming into the year.

Umm... the Grey Cup was on ESPN 2 for Americans to watch. I kid.

As many Canadians, it is the only CFL game that I tune in for a portion of the game as if its my national obligation.
The Canadian rules are far superior to American football.

Is that the game the announcer said it could not be reviewed because it was a miss?

I can't tell you how sad this makes me.

I can't tell you, because it doesn't. :D

Don't forget, their hoops team lost to Monmouth on Friday.

Ever since Donnie Mac got boned out of the Heisman, I relish every Notre Dame loss
Second Syracuse player to get boned by the Irish. Can you say Jimmy Brown? The writers were enamored by the Golden Boy, Paul Hornung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom