Not one sub the entire second half | Syracusefan.com

Not one sub the entire second half

The bench isn't contributing anything. I consider Dirty a starter. Cooney can't make a shot. Grant doesn't take any shots. Keita is Keita. It's looking like we only have 5 productive scorers. Grant has great potential but he's not ready for prime time in a tight game. Nice game from Xmas, wish he could play like that all the time.

The bench isn't contributing anything. I consider Dirty a starter. Cooney can't make a shot. Grant doesn't take any shots. Keita is Keita. It's looking like we only have 5 productive scorers. Grant has great potential but he's not ready for prime time in a tight game. Nice game from Xmas, wish he could play like that all the time.

He's not ready for primetime in a tight game because he will never be given an opportunity to run in a non-primetime, somewhat close game.

He's going to be good. But he makes one mistake and typical JB style, he sits.

Plus side: Xmas was great all nite on the pick n roll. Had a couple get blocked, but he was a weapon on offense.

It's looking like we only have 5 productive scorers.

5 productive scorers is plenty

Wait till the game when we are in foul trouble. Then playing only 5-6 will bite JB in the a$$.

yeah because playing kids that can't play in a close game will really help us down the orad when they can't play in a different close game. We need to win games. Period. If the subs start to play better in practice down the road, they will get in games.

yeah because playing kids that can't play in a close game will really help us down the orad when they can't play in a different close game. We need to win games. Period. If the subs start to play better in practice down the road, they will get in games.

I totally disagree with that point of view. I guess you figure they'll develop by playing in 30 point blowouts at home over the lesser BE teams. JB is a HOFer so I guess he can do without my advice but I'd rather risk a loss or two in January in exchange for some dividends to be paid later on. It's all about how you are playing in March anyway and you may need those kids when the eventual foul trouble, injury or God forbid, suspension, comes into play.

They played zone. Southerland is a better scoring option against the zone and Triche against M2M. CJ stepped in from midrange from the perimeter instead of Triche's driving tonight.

Not a good game for subs. Providence is usually a offensive team. 90% of the time you do better trying to outscore them then to shut them down.

Mike, CJ, weren't coming out. You had to keep rolling the dice with southerland to knock a few jumpers down. Triche plays smart as a senior even if he wasn't trying to score in the halfcourt is a better ball handler then cooney and a better rebounder. And Rak was a key scoring piece today. We got the shots we wanted all night. When that happens you stick with your scorers.

Just bench Coleman and start Southerland. 5 40 minute iron men. All we need according to some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom