Not Original But I Like the Thought - Good Thing We Didn't Hire Holtz | Syracusefan.com

Not Original But I Like the Thought - Good Thing We Didn't Hire Holtz

OrangePA

Living Legend
For him the job was only a stepping stone. Right?

Sorry to the University folks who are monitoring this board and sorry to Doug, but I'm PO'd about this situation. I feel like I was BS'd all along.

It will take some time for me to resolve all of this in my mind.

So would you have rather had Holtz, who sucked?

As I said in another thread, I was one of the people behind SkipToSyracuse.com, and I exchaned emails WITH Skip Holtz, and even I am glad he didnt come here in hindsight.

Marrone was a far better hire DESPITE today.

As I said in another thread, I was one of the people behind SkipToSyracuse.com, and I exchaned emails WITH Skip Holtz, and even I am glad he didnt come here in hindsight.

Marrone was a far better hire DESPITE today.
Shows you exactly how much a crapshoot coaching can be...

Sorry to the University folks who are monitoring this board and sorry to Doug, but I'm PO'd about this situation. I feel like I was BS'd all along.

Hopefully they are. And no reason to be sorry to them.

I think that a lot of things can change right now with the ACC move. It doesnt have to be a stepping stone forever. But a lot of things need to change.

I'm not sure any of us on this board will ever know all the nuances that lead to where we find the program today. But in my mind, there is one undeniable FACT. Marrone resurrected a program that was damn near clinically dead. The job is not finished by any means. His loss is a major disappointment on many levels.

But, I am grateful for the work he has done, for restoring a sense of hope. I am ready to move on to the next chapter.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Good post, I'm a little pissed, sad and disappointed, but also excited to see who they bring in. Tremendous opportunity for the University to show its commitment to the FB program.

I'm not sure any of us on this board will ever know all the nuances that lead to where we find the program today. But in my mind, there is one undeniable FACT. Marrone resurrected a program that was damn near clinically dead. The job is not finished by any means. His loss is a major disappointment on many levels.

But, I am grateful for the work he has done, for restoring a sense of hope. I am ready to move on to the next chapter.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Yeah, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom