Not overlooking Michigan, but I think we are maybe the best shot in the country to beat Ville.. | Syracusefan.com

Not overlooking Michigan, but I think we are maybe the best shot in the country to beat Ville..

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
With all the hype had to post it.

1.Our guards and CJ can really score inside in transition fashion. They can attack the lane and finish mid/low post to negate Villes pressure. Maybe a half dozen team in the country can and we are one. Triche is really strong and Mike is really fast. Add in Grant and Kietas height to layin the ball. So much athleticism and height do do so.

2. James is maybe the best 6'7 and above shooter in the country. Honestly, he has earned the honors at 6'8. Siva and especially Russ can't guard James on the perimeter theres no way. James could shoot 25 comfortable threes a game over Russ and another 20 over Siva. He won't be able to dribble drive on Russ as easy as Siva, but he can dribble once in a direction and get up a comfortble jumper. A huge point to be made.

3. Cuse and Ville traded blows. Both beating each other on the road. If it wasn't for a second half in the big east where Mike was really winded I really like our chances. Don't forget we played a extra game then them and they played a relaxed paced semifinal game against slower ND if I remember correctly. We played a lay it all out war with Gtown on top of a extra game.

4. JB needs to make a point. If you want to slide with the offensive guy and hes sliding into you its ok defense, but you can't body into them when they are on the dribble. Triche just needs to play tentative with his drives because they will slap. We need to draw some fouls siva and smiths slap Haking, is key. And Mike needs to be aware of the recovery defender around screens. If Ville doesn't slap at the ball and just tries to play actual defense their guard defense would be exposed.

5. Mike and CJ have got to attack well off the dribble to help Southerland get his looks. Alot riding on them.

6. MCW is a heck of a defender he can slow down Smith some,and Keita is a good high post secondary defender while Rak adds alittle more body strength downlow. We are also good at rebounding. CJ and James our best rebounding small lineup in years.

Other teams have no where near what we got when dealing with Ville.
Im psyched, and Go Cuse!!!

I agree. I think we are the only team with a chance to beat them. And even at that I would not exactly feel confident going into that game. We are playing better now than when we played them the first two times, but something snapped in their minds at the. 15:00 mark of our BET game against them. They look like they are pounding speed at every stoppage in play since that moment.

In all seriousness though, the only hope is to stop them from making shots so they can't set up the press and we have the best half court defense left. Michigan would be torched into burning rubble by Louisville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom