Not putting pressure on big DC but his progress down low will | Syracusefan.com

Not putting pressure on big DC but his progress down low will

CaliCuse

All American
determine how far the team goes into the tournament in March. His ability to rebound and put the ball up and in is work in progress. Moose has come a long way but it took a year for him to learn to not think and just put the ball up quickly. Its a huge step for him and his effectiveness.Trevor has arrived and I think once James relaxes on his shooting we and he will see more of his long range scoring as well. I think this team has the makings for and off the chart year.:cool:

Why. Does he think h
Jeez, I hope he doesn't see this thread.couchburn
is game doesn't need improving? If he doesn't like pressure there are plenty of opportunities in the fast food profession.Even on busy days you can get a batch of fries ahead of the customer demand. The real pressure is flipping the burgers on a real grill or rolling the Hoffman dogs. No fries to worry about there either.couchburn

Agree this team can be off the charts. We score it all around and in every way.

Killer PG- We got MCW who is also a killer rebounder and scorer in the lane.
Attacking the lane off the dribble we got 2-3 guys.
Outside shooting sharpshooters we got 2. Cooney Southerland.
Guys who can knock down the long ball outside of our two go to shooters we got 3-4 of those.
Midrange attacking swingmen in the motion offense we got CJ and Jeremy. Southerland at times.
Post up bigs in the low post Keita Rak and Dajuan can all get it done.
Weight in the paint for offensive boards and post up. Dajuan and Rak.
Post up bigs in the high post- Rak is getting there. But we do also have CJ and Grant. (growing but still a weak point).

imo Our isolation ball and creating shots one on one is what needs the most improvement offensively. This year We have MCW so far. Then 5-6 guys who do it to a lesser extent. In 09-10 Wes, AO, and Joseph created their own shot while Rautins and Scoop did to a lesser extent. Last year KJO, Dion and Scoop created their own shots and to a lesser extent Triche/CJ.

If 2-3 of our other 8 guys start stepping it up in isolation against tight defense we are going to be Real SCARY. Especially with MCW out there. The guy is playing at a Carmelo Anthony/Kemba Walker level right now only as a assist man as much as a scorer. I mean you take 7 of those 10.4 assists of his and convert them to baskets from his already 12 ppg and he would be averaging something like 26 points and 3.5 assists as a scorer. And thats not counting 3 pointers and and ones. imo, hes Really good.

I will say this about Coleman, his touch down low seems to be sporadic. There have been few times he's thrown it up way to hard off the glass.

Why. Does he think h
is game doesn't need improving? If he doesn't like pressure there are plenty of opportunities in the fast food profession.Even on busy days you can get a batch of fries ahead of the customer demand. The real pressure is flipping the burgers on a real grill or rolling the Hoffman dogs. No fries to worry about there either.couchburn
I have no idea what he thinks about his game, but no one needs the added pressure of the fan board's expectations of greatness. If he sees this thread, he just might implode from the pressure and ruin our season, that's all I was getting at.

DC's offense and position defense are both works in progress at this point. He seems to be a below the rim big man, but that doesn't preclude him from being a very effective contributor on this team. His rebounding and outlet passing to start the break is where he really can shine. He needs to calm down when he gets the ball down low, don't put it on the floor, and look for the kick out pass. His time will come. Keita is doing a better job communicating and anchoring in the zone but he has the benefit of experience. We need all three big guys to do what they do best and do it consistently.

determine how far the team goes into the tournament in March. His ability to rebound and put the ball up and in is work in progress. Moose has come a long way but it took a year for him to learn to not think and just put the ball up quickly.
I completely agree with this.

Our road to the FF or a NC is highly dependent upon DC (and to a lesser degree Christmas) being productive and efficient in the low-post. Keita has been fantastic this year communicating, cutting off the high-post, fighting for rebounds and even finishing. In fact I believe he has been the 2nd most valuable asset to the team so far, behind MCW of course. But Keita simply doesn't have the strength nor bulk to out position and out muscle our bigger BE foes or top national contenders. This team has all the pieces to be great but if Coleman really gets rolling I believe we become unstoppable.