Not saying he’s a better coach than JB, but | Syracusefan.com

Not saying he’s a better coach than JB, but

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
... what Mike Anderson’s doing at SJU, especially when it comes to building bench depth, is what I’d love to see from a future HC at SU.
All the convenient excuses about players “not being ready”, or the “40-minutes and a cloud of dust” coaching philosophy, is just that, an excuse. Buddy and JG3 playing 40 mins every game is just stupid, IMO.
And mark my words, it will catch up to us, AGAIN, come March.

They will fall on their face when they start playing conference teams. It happens every year. Teams will scout better and take advantage of the style they play.

Anderson's a good coach, would like to see that style of play here after Boeheim retires. Beat Arizona with lesser talent, 9 guys played double digit minutes (10 guys played) and 9 guys scored.

They will fall on their face when they start playing conference teams. It happens every year. Teams will scout better and take advantage of the style they play.
That's one theory how it will play out. They might also end up with a deeper bench with less drop off when depth is needed at points during the long conference schedule. Both scenarios happen each year around college hoops.

The only guy on our roster who there should be a thought of playing 40 minutes ever is Elijah Hughes.

Agreed 144%.

However, given Jalen RS, and HoWash’s (dreaded potato) knee, the only ways to spell JGIII and Buddy are with Brycen (who is now gracing milk cartons all over CNY) and/or moving Eli to the backcourt.

I’d be fine with either or both of those options.
At least for a few minutes each half.

Our current guards really shouldn’t be getting more than 30-32 mins a game (ideally less if we didn’t have the injury bug).

He shouldn’t have left Mizzou. Would have been interesting to see how well he would have done with that 2011-12 team.

Agree very much. He did well at Mizzzou especially compared to some others who have been there. But I think he always had his heart on the Arkansas job.

Agree very much. He did well at Mizzzou especially compared to some others who have been there. But I think he always had his heart on the Arkansas job.
Yeah, you’re right. I remember my dad (Mizzou alum) getting upset and even feeling betrayed when Anderson left. I kept telling him Arkansas was his dream job. Maybe that curse cuts both ways.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out between Anderson and JB. Which one will have the better coaching career? It will be exciting.
I know exactly what you're getting at here Dash, and no, there is really no comparison between JB, an all-time great, and Mike Anderson. But, plenty of great HOF coaches stuck to their philosophical guns too long at the end of their careers, and I fear that's what we're facing w/ JB right now. We simply don't have the guns to play same-old/same-old w/ this team, IMO.
If he ends up proving me wrong, I'll gladly serve up a CROW entree, followed by a Wayne's World-like "We're not worthy" chant, and forever S T kfU!
Somehow I don't think I'll need to do that this yrear.

I know exactly what you're getting at here Dash, and no, there is really no comparison between JB, an all-time great, and Mike Anderson. But, plenty of great HOF coaches stuck to their philosophical guns too long at the end of their careers, and I fear that's what we're facing w/ JB right now. We simply don't have the guns to play same-old/same-old w/ this team, IMO.
If he ends up proving me wrong, I'll gladly serve up a CROW entree, followed by a Wayne's World-like "We're not worthy" chant, and forever S T kfU!
Somehow I don't think I'll need to do that this yrear.
We aren't that good this year. I think any changes are really just moving desk chairs on the ...well, you know. And i think JB has stuck around too long as well.

All the convenient excuses about players “not being ready”, or the “40-minutes and a cloud of dust” coaching philosophy, is just that, an excuse. Buddy and JG3 playing 40 mins every game is just stupid, IMO.
And mark my words, it will catch up to us, AGAIN, come March.
I hope so because that would mean we‘re still fighting for something worth a damn in March.