Not sure it's been mentioned, but Michael Graham | Syracusefan.com

Not sure it's been mentioned, but Michael Graham

On Gameday Bilas said he walked by Michael Graham, who threw a punch at him.

I hope he was shackled al a Hannibal Lecter...

Was at the game yesterday. Showed him on the jumbotron. Must not have been able to get Charles Smith on closed circuit tv from his prison cell.

Michael Graham was one of a long list of guys that JT brought in, used for a couple of years and then ran off when they were no longer useful and or their academic and behavioral issues became to big to keep hidden. There were 10 or 15 of these guys.

Michael Graham was one of a long list of guys that JT brought in, used for a couple of years and then ran off when they were no longer useful and or their academic and behavioral issues became to big to keep hidden. There were 10 or 15 of these guys.

Which is why there is some real irony in him calling the football schools pimps. If there is anyone who knows how to use someone then discard them it is Big John.

I swear there was one guy he had who was like 28, had done 4 or 5 years in the Army and was brought into Georgetown on the GI bill. Did that really happen or am I imagining it?

When they showed him on the jumbotron every Georgetown fan cheered like hell. I yelled out..."Ooooh you Piece of stuff!" The couple in front of me turned around and gave me a staredown.I looked at them and said "well is is a POS."

I booed as loudly as I ever have when he came on the jumbotron. A few expletives probably left my mouth as well. I hope he's on that Grantland list of most hated players. He tops my long list of Georgetown players I hate.

I swear there was one guy he had who was like 28, had done 4 or 5 years in the Army and was brought into Georgetown on the GI bill. Did that really happen or am I imagining it?
I think there was a guy named Spriggs or something... that Thompson found while he was delivering mail.

I think there was a guy named Spriggs or something... that Thompson found while he was delivering mail.
Are you thinking of Lee Scruggs?
John Thompson the elder, had some nerve with his remarks. Georgetown won't get a crowd like they did this weekend ever again. Unless, they get Duke or Syracuse into that building. Good luck, getting Xavier, Providence, Butler, Villanova, DePaul, Marquette, St. John's, Seton Hall to 1. bring as many people as we did 2. cause their people to actually give a stuff. However, Syracuse is et tu Brute because we actually have to worry about self-preservation. I lost what shred of respect I had for John Thompson after those comments.

Good thing Patrick Ewing hasn't been eating small cows. He looks awful.

Pack of hot dogs on that neck.

Yep - that's why I have no respect for Thompson. He was slimier than any SEC football coach at using the trash when it helped him win and then casting it aside when it was stinking, pretending to be innocent with the cleanest of hands.

Ed Spriggs - mailman

Oops - MGP had it long before me. Serves me right for not reading the entire thread before posting.

Am I alone in thinking it was strange seeing a university showing highlights of their players (Graham and Ewing) on the jumbotron taking swings at SU players (Hawkins and Pearl) to get cheers from their fans?

John Thompson was and still is one of the biggest racists in modern day coaching...the throat slashing and pimp comments are things onlt black coaches would get away with.

Mike Tirico ripped him real good today on the radio

Am I alone in thinking it was strange seeing a university showing highlights of their players (Graham and Ewing) on the jumbotron taking swings at SU players (Hawkins and Pearl) to get cheers from their fans?
Were there any fights during or after the game. I could easily see some Cuse fans get the best of themselves. Good thing it was a noon game. Probably not enough time for a lot of beer to get into the bloodstream. Screw Georgetown. I hope they become the first one seed to lose.

Were there any fights during or after the game. I could easily see some Cuse fans get the best of themselves. Good thing it was a noon game. Probably not enough time for a lot of beer to get into the bloodstream. Screw Georgetown. I hope they become the first one seed to lose.

Seriously I couldn't imagine SU officials at the dome having a fight highlight film play on the big screens at the dome. Plus both players thankfully missed badly. :) Just very strange.

Seriously I couldn't imagine SU officials at the dome having a fight highlight film play on the big screens at the dome. Plus both players thankfully missed badly. :) Just very strange.
I guess that shows what was important to them in the rivalry.

I did a facebook search for Michael Graham just out of curiosity and Billy Owens was on his friends list! My heart broke a little bit. (And no, I am not one of those people who actually "friends" the players. I only friend people I actually know - except for Rob Long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom