Not that I get them all right but I nailed WVU over Kansas 4th 1 seed will come from Nova or Wisky | Syracusefan.com

Not that I get them all right but I nailed WVU over Kansas 4th 1 seed will come from Nova or Wisky

Alsacs

Living Legend
After watching WVU play KU tough at Phog Allen I had a good feeling WVU would beat them at home. Kansas will not be a 1 seed after this 8th loss. I think Wichita State/Kansas as 1 -2 seeds in the Midwest balances that region out as Wichita State will be a weak sauce 1 seed and Kansas will be a strong 2 seed.
These slots look wrapped up
West
1. Arizona
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Kansas
South
1. Florida
East
nothing
4 slots left on the 1 and 2 lines left coming from IMO Michigan, Virginia, Wisconsin, Villanova, Syracuse, North Carolina/Duke.

Root for Nebraska to beat Wisconsin tomorrow, Maryland to beat Virginia, Indiana to beat Michigan, North Carolina to beat Duke, and Villanova takes a loss in the Big East Tournament as F Gtown.

Arizona, Wichita State and Florida are locks for 1 seeds.

Nova is assured of at least a 2 seed but needs to win the BE tourney to move higher. Whoever grabs the other top seed is going to have to win their conference tournament and who knows what Wisconsin, Virginia or anybody else is going to do next week?. An early loss in these league tournaments is going to drop some of these schools down to lower seeds. It is going to be a exciting week for college hoops junkies.

With Kansas losing again, and Duke's elimination loss @ WF, that leaves Wisky head 'n shoulders better resume than Nova for the East #1 seed. Not even close.

Right now (v. RPI teams):

#1 Wisky (SOS 4)... 5-1 v. Top 25... 8-3 v. Top 50... Best wins over: Fla, @Virg, @Mich, @ Iowa , StLouis, Mich St, Iowa
#2 Nova (SOS 41)... 1-3 v. Top 25... 5-3 v. Top 50... Best wins over: Kansas-n, Iowa-n, Xavier (2x)
#3 Cuse (SOS 78)... 3-2 v. Top 25... 7-2 v. Top 50... Best wins over: Nova, UNC, Duke, Baylor-N, Pitt (2x)

UVA (SOS 25)..... 2-3 v. Top 25... 4-3 v. Top 50... Best wins over: Cuse, UNC, SMU-n, @Pitt

UVA's resume isn't good enough for an East 1. At this point, they will be 2 in the South.

West
Arizona
Duke

South
Florida
Virginia

Midwest
Wichita St.
Kansas

East
Wisconsin
Syracuse

Right now, Villanova does not have enough to beat Syracuse to a 2 spot. If we lose tomorrow and have a shitty ACC tourney, then sure.

West
Arizona
Duke

South
Florida
Virginia

Midwest
Wichita St.
Kansas

East
Wisconsin
Syracuse

Right now, Villanova does not have enough to beat Syracuse to a 2 spot. If we lose tomorrow and have a shitty ACC tourney, then sure.

Our lower RPI, lower SOS, and 2 horrible home embarrassments to BC/GT will keep us from overtaking Nova right now

After watching WVU play KU tough at Phog Allen I had a good feeling WVU would beat them at home. Kansas will not be a 1 seed after this 8th loss. I think Wichita State/Kansas as 1 -2 seeds in the Midwest balances that region out as Wichita State will be a weak sauce 1 seed and Kansas will be a strong 2 seed.
These slots look wrapped up
West
1. Arizona
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Kansas
South
1. Florida
East
nothing
4 slots left on the 1 and 2 lines left coming from IMO Michigan, Virginia, Wisconsin, Villanova, Syracuse, North Carolina/Duke.

Root for Nebraska to beat Wisconsin tomorrow, Maryland to beat Virginia, Indiana to beat Michigan, North Carolina to beat Duke, and Villanova takes a loss in the Big East Tournament as F Gtown.
We need someone other than Duke or UVa to win the ACCT. If either wins it they will get the #2 in the east and SU will get shipped out. Technically we fell all the way to a #5 seed we could be placed in MSG but I doubt they would do that.

I think it is pretty obvious that the 4th #1 is going to be a team that wins their conference tourney. The only teams with even a small chance (as of today) of getting that #1 if they win their tourney are UVA, Wisconsin, Nova, Duke and SU.

I think it is pretty obvious that the 4th #1 is going to be a team that wins their conference tourney. The only teams with even a small chance (as of today) of getting that #1 if they win their tourney are UVA, Wisconsin, Nova, Duke and SU.
Basically where I sit.

I'd like to think that a CUSE-unc ACC champ game when both nova and wisky are out...gets Cuse the 1, win or lose.

If UVA goes down tomorrow and I think they will then I don't see any ACC team on the 1 line and all 4 including UNC will be playing for the East 2 seed at the ACC tourney. I think the 4th seed will be Villanova as Nebraska is going to pop Wisconsin tomorrow IMO.

Wiscy that got trounced by the Canadian team we beat preseason (not relevant - but amusing), or a team we beat.

Oh well - I'll take a 2 seed I guess. Not sure any B1G deserves a 1 seed though.

Biggest concern as a 2 would be if creighton shows up as a 3.

Just for note.

Duke only played virgina once at home, if we beat duke in the ACC tournament we play them 3 times where virgina only played them once @ duke(which is always unfair). We could go on to play virginia twice as well.

Yeah so who has 2 thumbs and predicted WVU over KU, Maryland over Virginia, and Nebraska over Wisconsin? This guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom