Notice the trend | Syracusefan.com

Notice the trend

personalbias

Walk On
of college players sporting gang related tat's and signs? The media in general accepts the flashing of signs sometimes glorifying the tat's. UoL's pg sports 5 point crown with Seattle zip code and flashes to the media often, thumb and index finger pointed away from each other. Have you seen other players as well? Hard to tell with football because of pads, but with bball on a close enough camera shot it is increasingly noticeable. Maybe not a big deal but just was thinking of how part of the game atmosphere it has become after watching the end of the UoL game with UConn, and then thinking of how the gang issue may have been part of the root cause of Cincy vs Xavier brawl last year, just a thought...
EG:
http://www.lostlettermen.com/college-basketballs-most-interesting-tattoos/

Gang issue part of the brawl in Cincy or Xavier?

Your reaching.

Siva was flashing signs at the end of the UConn UL game.

I don't know why guys feel they need to do the tat thing. I can assure you that it is not a gang thing with Siva. And I do know that Siva is really a good guy. The only knock on Peyton is that he seems to consult God before and after every free throw.

In my business, a tat of a five point crown means your a member of the Latin Kings. Just sayin

I know squat about tats or any kings. I'm an old geezer, probably pretty naive, but Siva's background has been pretty well covered in the press. His father, sister and brothers were in prison at one time or another, so he has come from a really bad environment, but from all accounts he has used basketball to pull himself out of that crap. The kid gets great grades, is very mature and you never see or hear a sign of disrespect from him, especially about our competition.

I know squat about tats or any kings. I'm an old geezer, probably pretty naive, but Siva's background has been pretty well covered in the press. His father, sister and brothers were in prison at one time or another, so he has come from a really bad environment, but from all accounts he has used basketball to pull himself out of that crap. The kid gets great grades, is very mature and you never see or hear a sign of disrespect from him, especially about our competition.

After seeing what his dad looks like, who would want to say anything bad about Peyton?

hmmmmmmmm

After seeing what his dad looks like, who would want to say anything bad about Peyton?
I have a story about his dad from last year's game at the Carrier Dome. We were getting our tickets from will call and he and his family was right ahead of us. The tickets Louisville left for them (and us as well as were getting them from a Louisville staff member also) were in the 3rd level. Mr. Siva was very upset but there was nothing the Carrier Dome person could do. I guess he got his wish since he got a ticket behind the L'ville bench (as you see him on TV a lot). His family however, still sat in the upper deck next to us in the Louisville section. Who wouldn't want to sit behind the bench, but he goes and sits there by himself and leaves the rest of his family to go upstairs. I'm not saying that story means anything, but I've filed it away for future performance.

I have a story about his dad from last year's game at the Carrier Dome. We were getting our tickets from will call and he and his family was right ahead of us. The tickets Louisville left for them (and us as well as were getting them from a Louisville staff member also) were in the 3rd level. Mr. Siva was very upset but there was nothing the Carrier Dome person could do. I guess he got his wish since he got a ticket behind the L'ville bench (as you see him on TV a lot). His family however, still sat in the upper deck next to us in the Louisville section. Who wouldn't want to sit behind the bench, but he goes and sits there by himself and leaves the rest of his family to go upstairs. I'm not saying that story means anything, but I've filed it away for future performance.
This is crazy! I was standing right beside the will call area having an adult beverage when his entourage came in. I clearly remember the fuss he made and I couldnt help but think "what an ahole, thinks he owns the place", Got what he wanted though.

Louisville will not treat our fans any better with the seats available for Saturdays game.

Got it. His dad's a jerk. Peyton is a gang banger when he isn't tribbling. What does this tell us about the Louisville team? and fans?

Got it. His dad's a jerk. Peyton is a gang banger when he isn't tribbling. What does this tell us about the Louisville team? and fans?
If it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, then it's a rat? Jk

Oh, gang signs. Wasn't there a thread a long time ago where someone was concerned that Andy Rautins was flashing gang signs?

He used to do that thing where you end up forming a circle with your thumb and index finger after he hit a three.

Was watching a great game last night BYU/St. Mary's and noticed there was hardly a tat to be found..

BYU heavily religious. St Mary's mostly Australian?

Was watching a great game last night BYU/St. Mary's and noticed there was hardly a tat to be found..

but each player from BYU will graduate from college, get married, and have 11 kids...if these kids spent time getting tattoos, there would be less time for them to bring more Mormons into the world...

Tony Bland used to get completely carried away with it.

Oh, gang signs. Wasn't there a thread a long time ago where someone was concerned that Andy Rautins was flashing gang signs?

He used to do that thing where you end up forming a circle with your thumb and index finger after he hit a three.

Oh, come on! What difference does it make how you make a three with your fingers?

screen-capture-37.png

We have to be a little careful about throwing stones...glass houses and all..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom