Notre Dame to ACC next year | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame to ACC next year

There seem to be two Big East-ish basketball conferences now, and whatever the hell UConn plays in!

Good

Can we replace BC with them on our yearly home and home schedule?

I would not want that as ND is a tough place to play. A game at BC would basically be full of orange sweaters due SU's strong alumni and the weak support that beantown shows for BC. This year there was over 2,000 empty seats when they played Duke.

Good

Can we replace BC with them on our yearly home and home schedule?

Yeah, let's take another Northeast school off our schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere in DC, John Thompson weeps just a bit more. Another 5 figure attendance game off the schedule. Maybe 3 left? (Villanova, St. John's, Marquette).

Somewhere east of DC, that makes me smile.

Maybe he should have said "kiss our relevance goodbye". :)

@McMurphyESPN: Notre Dame hoops ACC schedule next year: home/home vs. BC, Georgia Tech & 2 others TBD; 1 game vs. remaining 10 schools

@McMurphyESPN: Notre Dame hoops ACC schedule next year: home/home vs. BC, Georgia Tech & 2 others TBD; 1 game vs. remaining 10 schools

Not sure I understand why the ACC at 15 teams doesn't break the conference down into three divisions of five for basketball. That way, you play each of your four division opponents twice and the other ten opponents once. That's 18 games. Seems pretty simple to me.

Something like this...

North Division

1. Syracuse
2. Maryland/Louisville
3. Notre Dame
4. Pitt
5. Boston College

Coastal Division

1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. NC State
4. Virginia
5. Virginia Tech

South Division

1. Miami
2. Florida State
3. Georgia Tech
4. Wake Forest
5. Clemson

For the ACC tourney, the three division winners receive double-byes and seed the rest. The first day, the bottom four teams play. Then those two winners advance to the second day with teams 4-11.

Not sure I understand why the ACC at 15 teams doesn't break the conference down into three divisions of five for basketball. That way, you play each of your four division opponents twice and the other ten opponents once. That's 18 games. Seems pretty simple to me.

Something like this...

North Division

1. Syracuse
2. Maryland/Louisville
3. Notre Dame
4. Pitt
5. Boston College

Coastal Division

1. Duke
2. North Carolina
3. NC State
4. Virginia
5. Virginia Tech

South Division

1. Miami
2. Florida State
3. Georgia Tech
4. Wake Forest
5. Clemson

For the ACC tourney, the three division winners receive double-byes and seed the rest. The first day, the bottom four teams play. Then those two winners advance to the second day with teams 4-11.
Are that to fly with powers that be you have to put Wake and then probably Clemson in with Duke and UNC. you can move the Virginia schools with the other 3 in the other division

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom