Notre Dame womens are playing outside on the USS Yorktown on Friday | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame womens are playing outside on the USS Yorktown on Friday

I think it's an opportunity, too, and not just due to the venue. These guys are the first group of SU basketball players to go to the West Coast since Hart's junior year (almost 14 years ago) when we got drubbed at UCLA. Pretty nice challenge against a ranked team; hope they come back with a win.

Regarding the venue - this was a no-brainer when SU agreed to it. I don't like the gimmick aspect, but this was a pretty novel idea a few months ago (it'd only been done once before). Great opportunity for the kids to do something memorable, and seemingly a great opportunity for the program to get some national publicity. As more games have been added, though, those expectations may have been dampened.

The kids will still get a great memory, the game's still a challenge, and we're still playing a game that's probably going to be broadcast more widely than, say, an opener against Northern Iowa or Charlotte. After this season, though, no more aircraft carriers, please.

I think it's an opportunity, too, and not just due to the venue. These guys are the first group of SU basketball players to go to the West Coast since Hart's junior year (almost 14 years ago) when we got drubbed at UCLA.

A lot of colleges used to go play at a close location of an upperclassman. I believe UNC went to Cornell when King Rice was a senior and Cuse came to Albany to pay homage to Craig Forth. Was Flynn and Harris on the team when we played Canisius in Buffalo? I'm sure there are other examples as well and I am sure getting Jason Hart to finalize his deal here was the promise of a game in LA.

A lot of colleges used to go play at a close location of an upperclassman. I believe UNC went to Cornell when King Rice was a senior and Cuse came to Albany to pay homage to Craig Forth. Was Flynn and Harris on the team when we played Canisius in Buffalo? I'm sure there are other examples as well and I am sure getting Jason Hart to finalize his deal here was the promise of a game in LA.

I think Damone Brown and/or Malik Campbell were on the team that played in Buffalo. Don't forget playing Towson in Scranton during McNamara's last year. A lot of schools do this for players; we haven't seemed to deliberately do that in recent years, but many of our guys come from areas that have Big East teams already.

I think Damone Brown and/or Malik Campbell were on the team that played in Buffalo. Don't forget playing Towson in Scranton during McNamara's last year.

I thought we played in Scranton but didn't feel like looking it up. Here is the box score of the Buffalo game. Nov 25, 2006. Paul Harris was a freshman and I would bet my paycheck that no one could name all of his teammates that game. It's shocking to say the least.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAB_20061125_SYR@CAN

I thought we played in Scranton but didn't feel like looking it up. Here is the box score of the Buffalo game. Nov 25, 2006. Paul Harris was a freshman and I would bet my paycheck that no one could name all of his teammates that game. It's shocking to say the least.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/boxscore/NCAAB_20061125_SYR@CAN[/quote]
That's right, they played a game there that year. Did the same back when the arena was still called Marine Midland, I think.

Without looking, Mike Jones, Devendorf, Josh Wright, Nichols, Watkins, Roberts, Rautins, Devin Brennan-McBride. No Arinze; he sat that year.

That's right, they played a game there that year. Did the same back when the arena was still called Marine Midland, I think.

Without looking, Mike Jones, Devendorf, Josh Wright, Nichols, Watkins, Roberts, Rautins, Devin Brennan-McBride. No Arinze; he sat that year.
That's real good. You got Mike Jones, but you still forgot one.

That's real good. You got Mike Jones, but you still forgot one.

Ah, Matty Gorman wasn't still there. Not sure about this one.

Edit: Wrong again, Gorman was still there.

That team got jobbed. Not a bad group at all.