Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Lots of complaints regarding Brey. Wondering if his time is short there, Number of transfers and disgruntled fans. BC leading them by 12 in a fairly quiet ND home game.

The Joyce Center is an empty morgue. Wow.

BC tried like crazy to lose this game. They were up 6 with under 20 seconds left and ND had a chance at a last second three to win it. 73-72 final. BC could not inbounds the ball. Terrible spacing and poor coaching by BC.

Lots of complaints regarding Brey. Wondering if his time is short there, Number of transfers and disgruntled fans. BC leading them by 12 in a fairly quiet ND home game.
Mike Brey is ND’s Boeheim. He ain’t goin anywhere. They won the ACC tourney a few years ago and also made the Elite Eight. They’ve been hurt by devastating injuries the past few years. I’m surprised they haven’t been better this season with Plueger back plus Gibbs and Mooney.

Mike Brey is ND’s Boeheim. He ain’t goin anywhere. They won the ACC tourney a few years ago and also made the Elite Eight. They’ve been hurt by devastating injuries the past few years. I’m surprised they haven’t been better this season with Plueger back plus Gibbs and Mooney.
According to an ESPN article (link), ND is down to only eight scholarship players, after a reserve guard (Carmody) tore an ACL, and a PF (Doherty) announced he is transferring. So ND's troubles are continuing. Neither seem to be key players, though.

Looked like Paul Harris was coaching BC on those in bounding plays.

Looked like they never practiced inbounding against pressure. I agree it was really bad.

Mike Brey was never Boeheim. JB’s record against Brey is 17-8. The highest NCAA result Brey had was 2 Elite 8’s in 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 and JB beat ND in ACC play in both those years, ND’s best ones. ND made the just Sweet 16 once, in our championship year. I have to admit though it’s the first time I have ever heard Mike Brey‘s career ever being compared to Boeheim‘s even now at age 75 and Brey being 60.

Minus the final fours. I like brey but he's never been past the sweet 16.

Mike Brey was never Boeheim. JB’s record against Brey is 17-8. The highest NCAA result Brey had was 2 Elite 8’s in 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 and JB beat ND in ACC play in both those years, ND’s best ones. ND made the just Sweet 16 once, in our championship year. I have to admit though it’s the first time I have ever heard Mike Brey‘s career ever being compared to Boeheim‘s even now at age 75 and Brey being 60.
I NEVER suggested Brey was JB’s equal—nor is ND anywhere close to our equal in basketball. I was trying to say he’s earned JB-like loyalty from ND. He made them relevant again and they basically love him there. The point I was making is that he isn’t going to get fired. ND has had some very tough luck injuries in recent seasons (Bonzie, Matt Farrell, Plueger) and that’s part of the reason for the struggles.

Last edited:
I never said Brey was JB’s equal—not is ND anywhere close to our equal in basketball. I was trying to say he’s earned JB-like loyalty from ND. He made them relevant again and they basically love him there.
Why hes been to one sweet 16?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom