Nova game is the killer, not this | Syracusefan.com

Nova game is the killer, not this

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Didn't expect to win at pitt without james, but we had the nova game won and gave it away, that game still hurts 10x worse than today. Beat nd and we'll be 3-2 in easily our toughest stretch of the year. The sky ain't falling!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Correct. I had us with four losses after Notre Dame. Unfortunately, that game was pencilled in as one of the four.

That Nova game was a freebie; shouldn't have handed that one away.

I agree in that the Nova game was much more disappointing than this one, particularly when it looked like we had the win. However, we lost that game in OT on the road. I would say that the loss was far from being a killer.

What could be the "killer" is playing with the 7 we have the rest of the way if that ends up being the case. We just seemed lost at times today and a team out of synch. While the team we have on the court (and bench) certainly can still be competitive against anyone, they're obviously just a much different team as everyone here very well knows.

As someone else pointed out earlier, I too am just going to accept what we have and enjoy whatever happens the rest of the way. My expectations are now far lower which helps me just watch and appreciate the wins and move on when the losses come. Bottom line is that we still have a very good team so who knows.

Im not sure I would expect us to win at Pitt even if we had Melo playing for us...right now.

Didn't expect to win at pitt without james, but we had the nova game won and gave it away, that game still hurts 10x worse than today. Beat nd and we'll be 3-2 in easily our toughest stretch of the year. The sky ain't falling!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Spot on, I tried to make this same point last week. The Nova win woudl have made a bad Sat and Monday this week ok to stomach. Now were staring a 3 game losing streak in the face.

I do agree that Nova was more of a killer than this. That one got away.

That said, I always expect to win.

Correct. I had us with four losses after Notre Dame. Unfortunately, that game was pencilled in as one of the four.

That Nova game was a freebie; shouldn't have handed that one away.
I feel we should knocked the snot out of tha owls to .

I feel we should knocked the snot out of tha owls to .

Yeah, given how badly we played that day, it's surprising that we only lost by four. Could've beaten them by a lot if we'd played some defense and hit free throws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom