Nova is the weakest 2 seed ever | Syracusefan.com

Nova is the weakest 2 seed ever

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
They beat Kansas. That's it!!

And the committee dude said they were 1 of the 3 teams in the conversation for the last 1 seed going into today. Unbelievable.

Yeah your right 2010 Villanova is the worst 2 seed of all time. They earned their spot this year but they got a tough draw as a 2 seed.

I guarantee 2010 nova had better wins than this years nova.

They beat Kansas. That's it!!

And the committee dude said they were 1 of the 3 teams in the conversation for the last 1 seed going into today. Unbelievable.

Agreed. The Committee is unbelievably hypocritical. They ding some for their schedule yet Nova had one top 25 win. They really beat nobody. Wisconsin may have what the Committee likes but from a pure value point of view they are an over-seeded #2. I see two #4 seeds that would lay waste to the Badgers in a hurry.

Seems that there's a ridiculously weak 2 every other year; Nova's not even in the conversation.

For starters, how about Notre Dame three years ago or South Carolina the year they lost in the first round?

OttoMets said:
Seems that there's a ridiculously weak 2 every other year; Nova's not even in the conversation. For starters, how about Notre Dame three years ago or South Carolina the year they lost in the first round?

I'm just talking about resume. They have 1 top win, Kansas. Notre dame went 14-4 in a stacked big east when they were a 2.

I'm just talking about resume. They have 1 top win, Kansas. Notre dame went 14-4 in a stacked big east when they were a 2.

Oh, OK.

It's an unusual situation - rare that a team was a power conference team a year ago but isn't now, and thus:

a) Play very few top teams this season in a mid-major conference but
b) Have the recruits and exposure that come with a major conference.

Tough to judge just how good they are.

I don't get it either, they got waxed us and creighton, have a bad loss to seton hall, outside of beating Kansas, their resume is crap.

Iowa State without Marcus Fizer is on line one and warns to have a word with you.

OttoMets said:
Oh, OK. It's an unusual situation - rare that a team was a power conference team a year ago but isn't now, and thus: a) Play very few top teams this season in a mid-major conference but b) Have the recruits and exposure that come with a major conference. Tough to judge just how good they are.

Eye test and resume tells me they're a 4/5 seed kinda team. Beat Kansas but blown out 3 times against the 2 other really good teams they played. If Louisville got penalized for not beating anyone why didn't nova?

Eye test and resume tells me they're a 4/5 seed kinda team. Beat Kansas but blown out 3 times against the 2 other really good teams they played. If Louisville got penalized for not beating anyone why didn't nova?

16 top 100 rpi wins is why they are a 2 seed vs 8 for louisville

Is it just me or does AZ have the easiest path to a final four? I'm not 100% sold on Wisky or SDSU.

Is it just me or does AZ have the easiest path to a final four? I'm not 100% sold on Wisky or SDSU.

your not alone that is easiest bracket by far to pick

I think the committee decided to really value 51-100 wins with Nova. It's what drives their good SOS.

Many solid / OK schools in the Big East except for Depaul. But all NIT level. Compare it to somebody like Louisville who has over half their games against teans that have no shot at the CBI.

Should that matter... don't know, but I am sure that is why they are #2. Many, many tp 100 wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom