Nova setting out | Syracusefan.com

Nova setting out

Flacusian

All Conference
In pursuit of a second consecutive National championship and we anxiously await for the second consecutive year if we are going to be on the right side of the bubble. My how things have changed.

With the departure of (at the very least) AW3, Gillon, & Roberson and perhaps even JB, one has to wonder how we will find ourselves a year from today. We are faced with another season without a true point guard and although Moyer will be added along with Sidibe and Brissett we are looking at relying on Battle and Howard as our only guards. It would seem that we will need to rely on the 5th year transfer market again to help plug the shortfall in recruiting. If it were not for AW3 and Gillon I can't even imagine what this season would have looked like.

As much as I am a lifelong diehard maniacal fan of the program I have to admit that I don't see anything really promising coming up over the horizon. I suppose there is still the spring recruiting period which commences on March 6th... but has anyone really heard any significant buzz about us landing anyone of any consequence?...crickets... from what I've been able to find.

With as much ado that was made out of our landing in the ACC and leaving the remnants of the Big East behind, when you look at what Nova has been able to accomplish it does make one wonder. Granted, it can be argued that long term the best landing place for the program was in the ACC and there have been other considerations which have led to the current state we find the program in... NCAA sanctions and recruiting penalties and an uncertain cloudy timetable for JB's retirement, but there seems to be a lot more questions than answers with respect to the direction of the program as we sit an await our fate on this hallowed day of College Basketball.

As much as I am a lifelong diehard maniacal fan of the program I have to admit that I don't see anything really promising coming up over the horizon.

I too am a lifelong diehard... and I predict next season will be JBs final year, and his best coaching job ever. He'll forge a team out of a group nobody expects much out of and be named ACC coach of the year.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

In pursuit of a second consecutive National championship and we anxiously await for the second consecutive year if we are going to be on the right side of the bubble. My how things have changed.

With the departure of (at the very least) AW3, Gillon, & Roberson and perhaps even JB, one has to wonder how we will find ourselves a year from today. We are faced with another season without a true point guard and although Moyer will be added along with Sidibe and Brissett we are looking at relying on Battle and Howard as our only guards. It would seem that we will need to rely on the 5th year transfer market again to help plug the shortfall in recruiting. If it were not for AW3 and Gillon I can't even imagine what this season would have looked like.

As much as I am a lifelong diehard maniacal fan of the program I have to admit that I don't see anything really promising coming up over the horizon. I suppose there is still the spring recruiting period which commences on March 6th... but has anyone really heard any significant buzz about us landing anyone of any consequence?...crickets... from what I've been able to find.

With as much ado that was made out of our landing in the ACC and leaving the remnants of the Big East behind, when you look at what Nova has been able to accomplish it does make one wonder. Granted, it can be argued that long term the best landing place for the program was in the ACC and there have been other considerations which have led to the current state we find the program in... NCAA sanctions and recruiting penalties and an uncertain cloudy timetable for JB's retirement, but there seems to be a lot more questions than answers with respect to the direction of the program as we sit an await our fate on this hallowed day of College Basketball.
I don't think there is anything uncertain about jb's retirement. It will be next year. That was the plan. It isn't jb's decision. If he wants, he can leave next week. But I don't think he will do that.

I too am a lifelong diehard... and I predict next season will be JBs final year, and his best coaching job ever. He'll forge a team out of a group nobody expects much out of and be named ACC coach of the year.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Only if he gets some real good ISO players and the defense gets better. We aren't going to outscheme anybody. Otherwise it could be worse.

What is the point of doing this to ourselves? Nova is on a great run. We were on a great run before that (2009-2012) We should feel very fortunate that we have 2 final fours to help an other wise mediocre (at best) period in Syracuse hoops.

My point is, there are ebbs and flows to everything. It was only 2012 (ish? Going off of memory here) when Nova had a losing record. Things change quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom