Now I know why Rutgers does so well in APR measures | Syracusefan.com

Now I know why Rutgers does so well in APR measures

I took a class entirely about the Super Bowl at SU. There's a class about Star Wars. Every school has classes like this, and I wouldn't underestimate the difficulty of a Women's and Gender Studies Class. I had to take a Sociology of Sex and Gender class and it was one of the toughest I took. If you don't study it regularly, being completely politically correct and understanding how to write about this type of subject is basically impossible in classes like this.

For the record, I remember reading about a Lil Kim class at cuse after I graduated.

For the record, I remember reading about a Lil Kim class at cuse after I graduated.
It is true that SU offered (might still offer) a course on Lil' Kim, but the courses are not remotely related. The course on Beyonce involves watching her videos and talking about her impact on culture. Pure fluff.

The course on Lil' Kim was (is?) on lyricism, government surveillance of rappers and intellectual criticism. It is (was?) a serious academic treatment.

Link

Don't let the class title fool you.

This class sounds like there would be pretty serious discussions about the sexual and political economy of women, gender roles, perceptions of women, etc.

The class title is more advertising than anything.

I took a class entirely about the Super Bowl at SU. There's a class about Star Wars. Every school has classes like this, and I wouldn't underestimate the difficulty of a Women's and Gender Studies Class. I had to take a Sociology of Sex and Gender class and it was one of the toughest I took. If you don't study it regularly, being completely politically correct and understanding how to write about this type of subject is basically impossible in classes like this.

the difference is we know we have classes like this at syracuse and never claimed not to. rutgers fans think they are mit academically.

"
Tomorrow, every Rutgers commit receives one college credit for correctly faxing their LOI."

Originally pointed at O$U, but I thought it was fitting here

That's funny. remember how they used to tell us they didn't have any 'easy' classes.
from the article:
Beyonce's husband is also the subject of his own higher education course: Georgetown University is currently offering students the chance to take the "Sociology of Hip-Hop:Jay-Z."
anyone who says their school doesn't have "easy" classes is lying. either to themselves, you, or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom