Now that I think we have a chance... | Syracusefan.com

Now that I think we have a chance...

LAOrange

Starter
Who do I want to root against? Really. Besides Georgetown.
For instance, I'm watching Indiana and Wisconsin today. Wisconsin is going to be in the tourney, no matter what. So I root against Indiana. They're 15-8. Lose a couple more and they're out. I shouldn't root against North Carolina because we have no chance of catching them. They still have Virginia and Duke twice and they're beating Notre Dame. That's two of the teams above us in the ACC.
Let's discuss.

Who do I want to root against? Really. Besides Georgetown.
For instance, I'm watching Indiana and Wisconsin today. Wisconsin is going to be in the tourney, no matter what. So I root against Indiana. They're 15-8. Lose a couple more and they're out. I shouldn't root against North Carolina because we have no chance of catching them. They still have Virginia and Duke twice and they're beating Notre Dame. That's two of the teams above us in the ACC.
Let's discuss.
Put yourself in JAB's shoes. He's thinking that he can win the remaining seven games. And we know he watches a lot of college basketball but I have a feeling that he watches it a little bit different than you and I. He might want a certain team to win but I think he is more concerned about X's and O's and player match ups. Every team in America is a possible future opponent this season including the MEAC and the SWAC so he is watching it (please come back Marsh, we need those write ups).

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

Just a quick rule.

Always cheer for teams that are 1-6 seeds when they are playing against a team that is seeded lower or just on the outside. So today you cheer for Wisconsin over Indiana. We are fine with the top teams strengthening themselves. Any team that is a 7/8 seed on the matrix right now is only a 2 or 3 game losing streak from being square on the bubble, so I start the watch there.

The two most typical "movers" for bubble teams. so games you want to look for:
1) Losing on the road to a non tourney or non bubble team.
2) Winning at home against good teams (top 25)

I think its way too early to start rooting against bubble teams, we need to wait a few weeks.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2017

Just a quick rule.

Always cheer for teams that are 1-6 seeds when they are playing against a team that is seeded lower or just on the outside. So today you cheer for Wisconsin over Indiana. We are fine with the top teams strengthening themselves. Any team that is a 7/8 seed on the matrix right now is only a 2 or 3 game losing streak from being square on the bubble, so I start the watch there.

It's unhealthy how many times I've checked this website since yesterday's game. It looks like only a dozen or so if the 97 brackets have updated after the game, so I'm interested in seeing how many more will have us in.

It's unhealthy how many times I've checked this website since yesterday's game. It looks like only a dozen or so if the 97 brackets have updated after the game, so I'm interested in seeing how many more will have us in.

Actually those dozen brackets were updated yesterday morning. So there has been nothing updated since our win.

Actually those dozen brackets were updated yesterday morning. So there has been nothing updated since our win.

c9378c0d554febc49afae1be69dffca6.jpg

Yes, but winning on the road in general is huge boost for any bubble team, just as losing at home to a bad team is very damaging

CBS Sports has a bracketology page where you can type Syracuse into the search bar. I know RPI is a wash, but it does give some info each day on what needs to happen for Cuse's RPI to change. Not an exact science, but at least some directions on who to root for!!!!

And yes, no matter what you root against Georgetown!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom