Now that the ACC GOR is firmly hand... | Syracusefan.com

Now that the ACC GOR is firmly hand...

RMH44

All American
...could this be enough future revenue insurance to initiate the IPF ground breaking?

...could this be enough future revenue insurance to initiate the IPF ground breaking?
I doubt anything happens until after the go-live date for our membership, which is July 1, right?

When does the ACC distribute annual funds?

Doubtful. Unless they look at it as a risk mitigater. The IPF is fundraising driven.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Doubtful. Unless they look at it as a risk mitigater. The IPF is fundraising driven.

Sent using my Commodore 64
Are we even close to the donor driven threshold?

The other thing is, I do not believe Syracuse will receive their full share of TV revenue from day one. I think it gets phased in over a period of years. Omni, did you have a link on this?

Are we even close to the donor driven threshold?
we got about 9.5k in.

that will get a couple of guys out of the garage, onto the truck, a stop at dunkin donuts and a few sweeps of a broom complete.

before we run out of $$$.

:rolling:

I would think that the University will not have a ground breaking until the renderings are completed, the plans put out to bid, contracts have been signed and permits obtained. I think there are months to go before ground is broken.

we got about 9.5k in.

that will get a couple of guys out of the garage, onto the truck, a stop at dunkin donuts and a few sweeps of a broom complete.

before we run out of $$$.

:rolling:
Does that 9.5k represent the total donations or just an estimate of what this board has pledged?

Either way it seems extremely low, even during a recession.

Does that 9.5k represent the total donations or just an estimate of what this board has pledged?

Either way it seems extremely low, even during a recession.

It's definitely Not an accurate number. That number hasn't changed in atleast a week and I've since contributed to the cause. But I agree that with a subscribership of over 2k, we should be looking at 100k donation, not 10k.

The other thing is, I do not believe Syracuse will receive their full share of TV revenue from day one. I think it gets phased in over a period of years. Omni, did you have a link on this?

Not doubting you are correct, but how is this possible? Syracuse is not exactly a toss in in negotiations with ESPN (at least they shouldn't be).

At the end of the day, as long as the money they receive from TV exceeds the money they would make in the former BIG EAST conference (minus expense increases for non-revenue sports, if there is any), then it's a win. But I would have to hope that we can at least triple ($10m as opposed to $3.3m) our gross media revenue to begin with.

When they made the announcement they said that "construction is expected to begin later this year." Definitely wiggle room, but I don't know why you make that announcement at all if you don't know you can get enough money together to start the project. Just my thought... I have no experience in fund raising for a project like this.

Expect only 200 or so to donate.
Here a best case guesstimate through very Orange-tinted glasses. Real results will probably be less.

Half of those will be in the $44-$100 range.
25% in the $101-$250 range.
10% in the $251-$500 range (Some have indicated $44 per win... They're part of this group).
8% in the $501-$1,000 range
5% in the $1,001-$2,500 range
2% in the $2,501+

FYI: I know of contributions and/pledges in each of these categories.

Not doubting you are correct, but how is this possible? Syracuse is not exactly a toss in in negotiations with ESPN (at least they shouldn't be).

At the end of the day, as long as the money they receive from TV exceeds the money they would make in the former BIG EAST conference (minus expense increases for non-revenue sports, if there is any), then it's a win. But I would have to hope that we can at least triple ($10m as opposed to $3.3m) our gross media revenue to begin with.
It is a little worse than you think. While it is true that the ACC schools will get on average more than $20 million each over the course of the ESPN contract, the money paid is not the same each year. The contract starts off with yearly payments of much less than $20 million, sometime towards the middle of the contract the payments gets to around $20 million and then payments continue to escalate from there. By the last year of the contract, I believe each ACC school is going to get around $24-25 million.

Expect only 200 or so to donate.
Here a best case guesstimate through very Orange-tinted glasses. Real results will probably be less.

Half of those will be in the $44-$100 range.
25% in the $101-$250 range.
10% in the $251-$500 range (Some have indicated $44 per win... They're part of this group).
8% in the $501-$1,000 range
5% in the $1,001-$2,500 range
2% in the $2,501+

FYI: I know of contributions and/pledges in each of these categories.

Don't forget the $10M+ category for Bees!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom