Now That the Dust has Settled | Syracusefan.com

Now That the Dust has Settled

anomander

Living Legend
It's amazing how inconsistent the defense is. They start getting gashed for 6 on the opening drive, but then pitch a shot out the rest of the half. Gave up numerous big plays in the 2nd half, but then came up with some monster 3rd and 4th down stops late in the game. I did like the improvements they made against the run. Loved seeing how Shy, and Richards performed at LB. Have to wonder why we didn't see them before? Then how about Melfi? Man is our young guys in the secondary uber talented. Melfi, Trill, and Cisco are going to be something for years to come. Overall that is an effort that they can win with. I would give the defense a solid average performance (C+/B-).

The key is offensively. I think what we saw with Devito late is what this offense is capable of. How fun was it watching Devito push the ball down the field play after play. That lose, attacking, up tempo style is how they should play all the time. Then when teams adjust switch it up and hit them with the run. Being able to push the ball downfield with accuracy will do so much for opening up the run game. It's it's clear as day this offense operates better with a QB that can pass with a high%. There were just far too many plays left on the board because of poor throws. People blame it on the WR's, but it;s just not the case. How good is Taj, and they said he wasn't even the best FR WR. Going to be exciting watching Devito air it out to Taj, Hendrix, Nykeim and co.

If the defense is able to give you an average performance this team should be able to play with and beat anybody on any given day. The rest of the schedule is manageable. We can get beat by anybody left, besides Louisville, who I will feel confident against, but t they can also beat everybody. NCST isn't all that scary. They didn't beat anybody, and got smoked by Clemson. I actually prefer going up against passing teams with this defense. A big year is still very much on the table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom