Now this is MADNESS | Syracusefan.com

Now this is MADNESS

Take a look at this guy. He shouldn’t be writing articles about football. He should be doing my taxes, selling me some insurance, or letting me hang out with his girlfriend while he plays The Sims on his PC for 14 hours straight.

BBDE301A-0857-4539-90FE-F6DA867B45B5.jpeg

Man. Have to think the interest in a true CFB playoff would be off the charts. FCS has it right. Have to think the problem is the FCS only has 23? Playoff games, so you might lose 17 money making bowl games. Screw that. I want a real CFB playoff, with bowl games that have real implications.

Su wasnt a 13 seed. they strictly went by the FBI which put them there.. Thats also why he had them winning that first game

Su wasnt a 13 seed. they strictly went by the FBI which put them there.. Thats also why he had them winning that first game
Yeah. You go by ranking, like the FCS.

Umm, I understand that the guy was locked into the seeding according to FPI, but he picks Pitt to win two games, over Mich State and South Carolina. I think that alone indicates what an idiot he is

Man. Have to think the interest in a true CFB playoff would be off the charts. FCS has it right. Have to think the problem is the FCS only has 23? Playoff games, so you might lose 17 money making bowl games. Screw that. I want a real CFB playoff, with bowl games that have real implications.
Have to agree. An NCAA tournament-style playoff system seems inevitable for FCS. There are already 25 post-season bowls. Once they come up with the right format and the right financial mix, it'll get done. You could use lower-tier bowls to host regional games, tier 1 bowls to host regional finals and CFP bowls for the E8, FF, etc..

Last edited:
That's what we want as fans. I have to think the NCAA won't do it, because they make more $$ this way, and some of the big boys dont want an upset.

Imagine if the first rounds were played at the higher seed? Ped state comes into the Loud House for a playoff beat down. Then we go silence the Big House (We still have your banner)... We'd lose our collective minds .. A CFB playoff would be crack cocaine for sports fans.

Regular season games would be more important, for seeding; always knowing you still have a chance.

Millions more, watching playoff/bowl games to see who you're playing.

More folks with brackets than March madness, tuning in.

Too good to be true .

That's what we want as fans. I have to think the NCAA won't do it, because they make more $$ this way, and some of the big boys dont want an upset..

This is simply NOT true. The NCAA does not make money off football. The NCAA makes its money off the basketball tournament. And probably from sort of dues I would imagine... D1 football broke off in the 70's or 80's. I would imagine the factories might not want a change would true though..

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom