Now We Know Why Rick Pitino Has Deep Pockets | Syracusefan.com

Now We Know Why Rick Pitino Has Deep Pockets

3483643965_1ed14ccec2.jpg

Unbelievable article, and an indictment of LV sports in general. Their priorities are completely askew. The more I learn about the program, the more I think the ACC made a huge mistake. Pitino and Jurich are looting this University. There's so much cash going to the bigwigs, a program that makes 10s of millions is in the red (along with the Dum Dum Center). Eye-opener that Jurich makes more than 4 academic departments.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-tom-jurich-high-pay-unusual-perks/728901001/

Last edited:
Unbelievable article, and an indictment of LV sports in general. Their priorities are completely askew. The more I learn about the program, the more I think the ACC made a huge mistake. Pitino and Jurich are looting this University. There's so much loot going to the bigwigs, a program that makes 10s of millions is in the red (along with the Dum Dum Center). Eye-opener that Jurich makes more than 4 academic departments.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...-tom-jurich-high-pay-unusual-perks/728901001/

" In 2009, for example, Ramsey raised Jurich's foundation-provided annual pay by $40,000 and agreed to give him a .05 percent commission on any donations he helped land for academics, though university officials say he never received any commissions. "

WT$F

Yeah... but let's break this down. Not defending Louisville / Pitino, who I think are both scum.

But does that refer to the overall contract with Adidas, versus the kickbacks / dirty money. OF COURSE Pitino would make the majority of that. Just like any high profile head coach would get the overhwhelming majority of a sneaker contract with the program.

Is this news? Feels like they are implying that it was the money that was off the books, when it was probably the money that was ON the books. Seems like a sensationalist article capitalizing on the scandal, when there isn't really a connection.

Yeah... but let's break this down. Not defending Louisville / Pitino, who I think are both scum.

But does that refer to the overall contract with Adidas, versus the kickbacks / dirty money. OF COURSE Pitino would make the majority of that. Just like any high profile head coach would get the overhwhelming majority of a sneaker contract with the program.

Is this news? Feels like they are implying that it was the money that was off the books, when it was probably the money that was ON the books. Seems like a sensationalist article capitalizing on the scandal, when there isn't really a connection.

Yeah and misguided priorities within athletic departments are a way of business everywhere. Is Louisville worst than most? Maybe but that's like saying Ted Bundy was worse than Jeffrey Dahmer. I mean at the end of the day ...

Apparel/sneaker deals usually include some comp to the coaches. And media deals - like Syracuse’s deal with IMG - include deals where the media network pays Babers and Boeheim for the weekly shows, etc.

The vast percentage and perhaps the frontloading (didn’t read everything) should be looked and methinks Jurich and the Chancellor took advantage of being a private institution.

Intriguing to me: now way the Atheltic Director is the highest authority at a university signing off on a $161,000,000 deal.