NU loss makes Minn. game very important and must win | Syracusefan.com

NU loss makes Minn. game very important and must win

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
Lets be real, do we have a chance to beat SC? Yes, but very small. We will beat stony brook. That makes minn. game must win, we have to get out of sept at 500 or we are in big trouble to get to the post season in my opinion.

I am hoping we play SC well tomorrow and don't suffer any injuries and we move on from there.

We will be more battle tested than minn. they are playing cupcakes til our game, hope that helps us.

IMO there is zero excuse for Ls vs SB, Minny, Pitt, UConn, and Temple. So when you expect to win it isn't a must W.

USF, Cincy, Louisville, and Mizzou will be very difficult. So when you expect to lose it isn't a must W.

Which leaves RU as the only game left. So that is the only must W IMO as we need that game to get to 6 Ws and a Bowl.

IMO there is zero excuse for Ls vs SB, Minny, Pitt, UConn, and Temple. So when you expect to win it isn't a must W.

USF, Cincy, Louisville, and Mizzou will be very difficult. So when you expect to lose it isn't a must W.

Which leaves RU as the only game left. So that is the only must W IMO as we need that game to get to 6 Ws and a Bowl.

Agree on SB, Pitt, UConn. The latter 2 given both the venue, time slot, and the fact that we should just be a better team.

@ Minny is a night road game, and while it's not a Wisconsin atmosphere, it's still tough to call games like that "must win", especially for this edition of SU football. 1996 in the morgue Metrodome? Different story, that was must win.

Temple, probably, but keeping an eye on their improvement this year. It will be a team that probably gains a lot of confidence from beating programs like Maryland and possibly Penn State. They are catching both of those teams in the right year, that's for sure, because neither of them will have been worse in a long time.

I think we have to steal one along the way, staring at Louisville for that. Hopefully we can get a non-noon time slot that Saturday, pull a 2008 on them.

we are talking about 2 diffeent things - although you expect to win the game (not sure why when we will likely go into it having lost 7 of our last 8 games), we still must go out and win the game, if we lose, though "inexcusable" that leaves us at 1-3 and heavily reduces our ability to get to 6 wins. win it and we are 2-2, bettering our chances to get to 6 wins... SO... it makes it a must win to avoid going 1-3 versus 2-2.

we are talking about 2 diffeent things - although you expect to win the game (not sure why when we will likely go into it having lost 7 of our last 8 games), we still must go out and win the game, if we lose, though "inexcusable" that leaves us at 1-3 and heavily reduces our ability to get to 6 wins. win it and we are 2-2, bettering our chances to get to 6 wins... SO... it makes it a must win to avoid going 1-3 versus 2-2.

Well in that case Stony Brook is a must W as well. Minny stinks. We are a better team than them. We already lost at home to a team we are better than. If we do the same against Minny then a Bowl shouldn't be our concern but who our next HC will be.

Well in that case Stony Brook is a must W as well. Minny stinks. We are a better team than them. We already lost at home to a team we are better than. If we do the same against Minny then a Bowl shouldn't be our concern but who our next HC will be.
yes stony brook is a must win, or we will be 0-3, you dont get it

yes stony brook is a must win, or we will be 0-3, you dont get it

Yeah I don't get it. What exactly is your point? Your original post made it seem like Minny was an important game to win and now you are making it out that every game is important. Well if that is the case then why did you single out Minny? Why not start off saying Stony Brook is very important and a must win?

Yeah I don't get it. What exactly is your point? Your original post made it seem like Minny was an important game to win and now you are making it out that every game is important. Well if that is the case then why did you single out Minny? Why not start off saying Stony Brook is very important and a must win?
my point is - stony brook is a FCS team we play them at home there is a 1 in a million chance we lose that one, so i was saying that minnesota - a Big 10 FBS team, in the same boat as us program wise right now, we are playing on the road, at night, is a tougher task, but one we must win to keep our season afloat... we go inot conf play at 1-3, we are f&*cked, 2-2 with some momentum we are in good shape. not sure why you think minn. is a gimme - no FBS team is a gimme for us right now.

Wow you guys spend so much time on hypothetical BS. Your're not fortune tellers and you have no idea how these games will go. There will be lots of things that will happen that you don't expect, so stop fretting.

you are right, but i am fretting, i care too much a
Wow you guys spend so much time on hypothetical BS. Your're not fortune tellers and you have no idea how these games will go. There will be lots of things that will happen that you don't expect, so stop fretting.
bout this football program, i fear that if we dont make a move this year marrone gets extended, we may never make one - just my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom