+/- numbers from last night | Syracusefan.com

+/- numbers from last night

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Was going through the box score on syracuse.com and saw some numbers that seem bizarre.

Buddy: +3 in 35 mins. Seems almost impossible to play 35 of 40 mins, have a +3 and your team loses by double digits.

Marek: +10 in 24 mins. The little things he does show up better in this stat that any other.

Sidibe: -20 in 14 mins. Sweet Jesus.

Was going through the box score on syracuse.com and saw some numbers that seem bizarre.

Buddy: +3 in 35 mins. Seems almost impossible to play 35 of 40 mins, have a +3 and your team loses by double digits.

Marek: +10 in 24 mins. The little things he does show up better in this stat that any other.

We made 20,000 turnovers when Sidibie was in and he had none of them. This illustrates the inadequacy of that stat. I thought Bourama played well, as he did at Clemson. I found that encouraging.

We made 20,000 turnovers when Sidibie was in and he had none of them. This illustrates the inadequacy of that stat. I thought Bourama played well, as he did at Clemson. I found that encouraging.
it might tell you something over a season but i agree that in a particular game it's weak

a lot of it depends on when duke was smart enough to give the ball to williamson - how they weren't feeding him all game long is beyond me

Marek’s gotta gain weight or start moving more on offense. Sure his +\- is good, but he needed to do more than the usual.

it might tell you something over a season but i agree that in a particular game it's weak

a lot of it depends on when duke was smart enough to give the ball to williamson - how they weren't feeding him all game long is beyond me
We did a good job denying. They actually had a lot of turnovers trying to force it to him.

Unfortunately, every time he did catch an entry, he scored or got fouled.

Sidibe's defense is quite horrific. He isn't getting it yet. One wonders if he ever will.

Thought the key to the game was the refs calling Chukwu for 5 fouls in 7 minutes. Not sure I have ever seen a senior get that kind of special treatment from the refs. A couple were Paschal's fault. A couple of others...not so much. We need him in the game if we intend to defend at a high level and win against good teams.

Sidibe's defense is quite horrific. He isn't getting it yet. One wonders if he ever will.

Thought the key to the game was the refs calling Chukwu for 5 fouls in 7 minutes. Not sure I have ever seen a senior get that kind of special treatment from the refs. A couple were Paschal's fault. A couple of others...not so much. We need him in the game if we intend to defend at a high level and win against good teams.
Also, neither is good offensively but at least Chukwu can make free throws. Sidibe just launches it at the back of the rim like a mortar.

The last one where Jones just put the brakes on in front of him was ridiculous. Kind of have to call it once Jones goes down but what a garbage play.

We did a good job denying. They actually had a lot of turnovers trying to force it to him.

Unfortunately, every time he did catch an entry, he scored or got fouled.

It's pretty wild that he's already bigger and stronger than everyone but then gets a call every time he's touched even though he's the one usually initiating the contact. Makes him completely unstoppable.

It's pretty wild that he's already bigger and stronger than everyone but then gets a call every time he's touched even though he's the one usually initiating the contact. Makes him completely unstoppable.

Matt Park mentioned how athletic freaks like Shaq usually got hacked like crazy because if they called a foul every time it wouldn't be fair.

It's not fair.

I think the lion share of Sidibe’s -20 came in the 6 minutes that Carey was playing and buddy was out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom