NY Media Turning on Melo | Syracusefan.com

NY Media Turning on Melo

anomander

Living Legend
I like Zagoria, but he just dropped this gem

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria1m
California native Tyson Chandler just walked into MSG to watch Duke-UCLA. Kenyon was here Tuesday for Cincy. Melo for Cuse? Not so much.

Kind of agree with him. When Melo was asked if he was going to attend the Cuse game Sunday his response was "If I wake up." :eek:

I guess Melo never made any noon football games at the Dome when he was a student.

Melo's done more than enough to help and support our team. He puts the knicks on his back for the wins they even have. If the man wants to sleep, let him sleep.

NYC is the media cesspool of professional sports I swear.

The thing is, I know everything Melo has done for the university, the title, the money, talking us up but you know what? His response is BS, that sounds like total disrespect and didn't have to be said. He could have said ANYTHING else and it would have been ok, but "if I wake up"? Give me a break, that's just classless.

California native Tyson Chandler just walked into MSG to watch Duke-UCLA. Kenyon was here Tuesday for Cincy. Melo for Cuse? Not so much.

Kind of agree with him. When Melo was asked if he was going to attend the Cuse game Sunday his response was "If I wake up." :eek:

Melo was being truthful, simply based on the time of the game and the logistics involved. Like it or not, you can't fault him for that. Let's recap the scenarios. The 'Cuse game was a Sunday Noon game. The Duke game was 7:30 in the evening. The Cincy game was 7pm in the evening. A tad easier to wake up for the latter two games. But let's dig a little deeper. The Knicks had a 7:30 game on Saturday night. By the time they get done with all the post-game stuff (the showers, interviews, etc) it had to be at least 11pm, but more likely closer to 11:30pm. Traditionally, the players will then go out to a restaurant and have dinner (not necessarily together as they might be with their women or other friends, etc). So let's say the dinner doesn't take too long and they are done by 1am. He still needs to get back to his house in the suburbs (I think a lot of the players live up in Westchester, as their practice facility is up there). So the very earliest he would get to bed would be 2am. But keep in mind many of the players like to go out clubbing in the city on the weekends (see JR Smith), so could be closer to 4am or 5am when he got home. And even if he didn't, his dinner could easily have taken longer than 90 minutes, especially if they had a lot of people at the table. So Melo is finally home, very tired, and would need to get up no later than 10am if he is going to shower, eat breakfast, and get back into NYC for a Noon game. So which crime was worse, not getting up on minimal sleep to watch the school he gave $3M to after leading them to their only basketball National Championship, or being honest about it?

Last edited:
Melo was being truthful, simply based on the time of the game and the logistics involved. Like it or not, you can't fault him for that. Let's recap the scenarios. The 'Cuse game was a Sunday Noon game. The Duke game was 7:30 in the evening. The Cincy game was 7pm in the evening. A tad easier to wake up for the latter two games. But let's dig a little deeper. The Knicks had a 7:30 game on Saturday night. By the time they get done with all the post-game stuff (the showers, interviews, etc) it had to be at least 11pm, but more likely closer to 11:30pm. Traditionally, the players will then go out to a restaurant and have dinner (not necessarily together as they might be with their women or other friends etc). So let's say the dinner doesn't take too long and they are done by 1am. He still needs to get back to his house in the suburbs (I think a lot of the players live up in Westchester, as their practice facility is up there). So the very earliest he would get to bed would be 2am. But keep in mind many of the players like to go out clubbing in the city on the weekends (see JR Smith), so could be closer to 4am or 5am when he got home. And even if he didn't, his dinner could easily have taken longer than 90 minutes, especially if they had a lot of people at the table. So Melo is finally home, very tired, and would need to get up no later than 10am if he is going to shower, eat breakfast, and get back into NYC for a Noon game. So which crime was worse, not getting up on minimal sleep to watch the school he gave $3M to after leading them to their only basketball National Championship, or being honest about it?

Boom

Do you have any doubt that Melo does, within reason, whatever JB asks him to do for the program???

The only thing worse than the NY Media is Philly fans.

I was at an Eagle game and they lost. After the game we were in the parking lot tailgating. These two brothers start fighting over why the Eagles lost the game. I thought these two guys were going to kill each. Fists were about to start flying any second. One brother kept saying, "It was the offense. If the offense played better they would have scored more points and the defense would not have gotten tired." The other brother fiercely shouted back as loud has he could, "It was the defense. If the defense did their job by not allowing so many points the offense would have had more opportunity to score!" This went back and forth for 30 minutes one arguing the offense was at fault. The other arguing the defense was at fault. It was hilarious!!!

I was at an Eagle game and they lost. After the game we were in the parking lot tailgating. These two brothers start fighting over why the Eagles lost the game. I thought these two guys were going to kill each. Fists were about to start flying any second. One brother kept saying, "It was the offense. If the offense played better they would have scored more points and the defense would not have gotten tired." The other brother fiercely shouted back as loud has he could, "It was the defense. If the defense did their job by not allowing so many points the offense would have had more opportunity to score!" This went back and forth for 30 minutes one arguing the offense was at fault. The other arguing the defense was at fault. It was hilarious!!!

Reminicent of the old "Tastes Great!!" ... "Less Filling!!"

Again to Melo's defense, dude must feel like he's drowning right now. The media's against him, his teammates are loudmouths and he's losing the fans.

NYC is awful for Melo. He should go to Philly or Chi-town.

melo to la or boston-
knicks are as poor a run organization as any EVER-

it was a bad move from the start on his part not knowing what he was signing on to as a organization

Melo was being truthful, simply based on the time of the game and the logistics involved. Like it or not, you can't fault him for that. Let's recap the scenarios. The 'Cuse game was a Sunday Noon game. The Duke game was 7:30 in the evening. The Cincy game was 7pm in the evening. A tad easier to wake up for the latter two games. But let's dig a little deeper. The Knicks had a 7:30 game on Saturday night. By the time they get done with all the post-game stuff (the showers, interviews, etc) it had to be at least 11pm, but more likely closer to 11:30pm. Traditionally, the players will then go out to a restaurant and have dinner (not necessarily together as they might be with their women or other friends, etc). So let's say the dinner doesn't take too long and they are done by 1am. He still needs to get back to his house in the suburbs (I think a lot of the players live up in Westchester, as their practice facility is up there). So the very earliest he would get to bed would be 2am. But keep in mind many of the players like to go out clubbing in the city on the weekends (see JR Smith), so could be closer to 4am or 5am when he got home. And even if he didn't, his dinner could easily have taken longer than 90 minutes, especially if they had a lot of people at the table. So Melo is finally home, very tired, and would need to get up no later than 10am if he is going to shower, eat breakfast, and get back into NYC for a Noon game. So which crime was worse, not getting up on minimal sleep to watch the school he gave $3M to after leading them to their only basketball National Championship, or being honest about it?
Eh, all this could be true, but it's not like it's a requirement to stay out late after a game. If your alma mater is in town and you want to see them, you tell the boys, "I'm heading home to be with my family and get to bed so I can be back tomorrow to watch my school play."

I worked until 11 pm for years and had no trouble making it to noon football games on a regular basis. All that to say, I really don't care one way or the other all that much if he goes to the games. I like it when the legends show up to the games, but they're not required.

whos to say he didnt stop by and say hi the day before the game when they arrived or practiced?

Again to Melo's defense, dude must feel like he's drowning right now. The media's against him, his teammates are loudmouths and he's losing the fans.

NYC is awful for Melo. He should go to Philly or Chi-town.

And he's putting up like 30/8 per game and the media continue to crap on him. It's ridiculous.