NY Post Hyping the Orange | Syracusefan.com

NY Post Hyping the Orange

The players themselves are thinking "undefeated," even though they don't want to say it out loud for fear of jinxing. Ennis wants to win every single game. I love that this is their goal, but I also have the feeling that if they lose a couple, they will not fall apart but expect to win everything else. There is a wonderful book written in the fifties before people began to truly understand the mind/body connection. It is called "The Will to Live." It discusses the subconscious anxiety present within all humans (because we know we are going to die) and how we can subconsciously sabotage our health and happiness because of this.

This team has The Will to Win. We may not have the most talented team - although we are damn talented - but the fact that we have won so many close games speaks more to our Will than to our talent. This is absolutely an astonishing team to watch!

The players themselves are thinking "undefeated," even though they don't want to say it out loud for fear of jinxing. Ennis wants to win every single game. I love that this is their goal, but I also have the feeling that if they lose a couple, they will not fall apart but expect to win everything else. There is a wonderful book written in the fifties before people began to truly understand the mind/body connection. It is called "The Will to Live." It discusses the subconscious anxiety present within all humans (because we know we are going to die) and how we can subconsciously sabotage our health and happiness because of this.

This team has The Will to Win. We may not have the most talented team - although we are damn talented - but the fact that we have won so many close games speaks more to our Will than to our talent. This is absolutely an astonishing team to watch!
That's the thing , we as fan lose sight of. Players at this level know they are good, act like they are good, they just know they can win every game. No way are they even 1% as nervous as any one of us.

The best line for last...

One and done. … It could be worth it. It was once before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom