NY State playoff update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NY State playoff update

Mareiniss said:
Big game for Syracuse-bound defender Austin Fusco of Yorktown. Played good D and scored the game winning goal.

Glad to hear he's Cuse bound; he was awesome against JD.

Class A Final: Massapequa 16, Fayetteville-Manlius 2.

I wonder if a non West Genny team will be able to represent Section 3 properly in my lifetime.

ETA Class A of course

Class C Finals: Bronxville 13, Cazenovia 10.

Section III gets the golden sombrero. :oops:

New York State HS Championships: 12 Who Impressed (IL; Vock)

Austin Fusco, D, Yorktown, Sr. (Syracuse) — Fusco was an emotional leader for the Cornhuskers in their run to a state title, and he was a sparkplug on the field. He marked Jamesville-DeWitt's quarterback Griffin Johnson in the Class B championship and was never really beat one-on-one. Showing excellent footwork and upfield speed, Fusco scored what turned out to be the game-winner, grabbing a groundball, sprinting coast-to-coast and — seeing he had no one open and no one sliding to him — bounced home Yorktown's 10th goal of the game. A vocal and energetic presence, he finished the title game with four caused turnovers and three groundballs to go with the most important goal of the game. He was the defensive MVP of the Class B championship.

Phil Brady, FO/M, Massapequa, Jr. (Uncommitted) — Brady emerged as a strong presence at the face-off X for the Chiefs as they battled to the Nassau County championship, then surprised many by defeating Suffolk County/Section XI's Smithtown East and then rolling past Niskayuna to advance to the championship. Brady worked hard with former Chief/current Syracuse Orange draw man Joe DeMarco in recent weeks, improving along the way, and it showed in the championship run as Brady went 17 of 21 against Fayetteville-Manlius and fueled the Chiefs' acceleration throughout the game. He came up with 14 groundballs in the championship win. Brady is receiving Division I interest.

I thought Fusco looked really good in the Final. Super athletic but also highly skilled with the stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom