NYK are real deal | Syracusefan.com

NYK are real deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
rolling miami without melo. hello. FU lebron.

Actually rolling without Melo, Amare, Shumpert, or Camby. And on the road ! And btw I agree on the FU. Just a stunning performance. FU Charles Barkley as well.

What happened to all those Knicks fans who went nuts because their Disney Sports Movie dream ended when the Knicks let Lin go?

Did they realize Felton is better than Lin yet?

Ha ha.. they are clowing the Heat. Lebron and Wade look terrible.

Anyone want to question my prediction now??? Nothing can stop this team and they will only get better. Special special season under way... this will be one of the all time best Knicks teams.

What happened to all those Knicks fans who went nuts because their Disney Sports Movie dream ended when the Knicks let Lin go?

I liked Lin but Felton is an upper echelon pg. Dude is a beast as a Knick.

Better? Lin can't hold Felton's jockstrap. Lin would be the 4th best point guard if he was on the team right now with these guys.

I cant even phathom how good this team will be come June. I feel sorry for the rest of the league. The 3 point shooting cannot be stopped.

Serious question for a long suffering Knicks fan. What has fundamentally changed this season?

Serious question for a long suffering Knicks fan. What has fundamentally changed this season?

Sometimes you just hit that perfect balance of star/young shooters and crafty veterans. This Knicks team is a better version of the 2010 Mavs. It's like a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

So much. Melo's new mindset. Woodson is the coach meant for this team. Jason Kidd. Veteran leadership in practice and games. Felton running the pg like a boss. Depth, talent, experience, heart, grit, toughness...this team just exudes confidence.

Sometimes you just hit that perfect balance of star/young shooters and crafty veterans. This Knicks team is a better version of the 2010 Mavs. It's like a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
They seem really close too. They seem to genuinely be a tight-knit group.

You had people like Kidd come to join Chandler, then Camby came and Wallace came out of retirement to play. Everybody laughed and said these old guys can't play, you're right they can't play 40 minutes every night, but they can give 15-25 tough minutes. But the most important thing they bring to the team is presence, Kidd, Chandler, Wallace have rings, Camby wants one. They get respect in the locker room from the younger players, because they've been there and been winners.

Will Amare returning screw this up?

Will Amare returning screw this up?

Million dollar question, but I think the only answer to that is him coming off the bench in a similar fashion JB used DW last year. Huge spark off the bench.

Million dollar question, but I think the only answer to that is him coming off the bench in a similar fashion JB used DW last year. Huge spark off the bench.

Agree, and it sounds like he is okay with this now. Do the same thing with Shumpert, and the Knicks 2nd unit could probably challenge for the 7 or 8 seed on it's own!

2nd team:

Amare
Novacaine
Sheed
J.R.
Shump

But it gets better---this 3rd team would be a very respectable 2nd team---talk about depth!

11--Prigioni
12--Camby
13--Thomas
14--White (17 min last night, 3-3)
15--Copeland (played great Sun after Sheed got tossed--8 pts in first half)

I think Shumpert will start when he comes back because hes basically a better version of Brewer and thats who's starting spot he is taking. JR stays 6th man and comes in for either Felton/Kidd/Shump and then Amare is 7th man and comes in for Melo/Chandler. Then you have Novak for shooting and Brewer/Sheed for defense off the bench. The "3rd unit" gets spot minutes when needed.

Felton/Kidd/Shump/Melo/Chandler
JR/Amare/Novak/Brewer/Sheed
Prigs/Camby/KT/White/Copeland

The scary thing is...Amare's offense and Shumperts defense will just be 100% bonuses to throw in for an additional 10-15 mins per game when they return.

This might be the deepest team in recent NBA history. They just have answers everywhere and are 3 deep at all positions. Foul trouble isn't even a concern. The best thing of all is, the east is so weak and Miami is on a championship hangover, with no bite to them. So, it's not even a question of WILL they make the finals...its, how many games will they lose in total? Maybe 4?

Beating the Thunder or Memphis will be difficult, but certainly doable. Those are the only 2 teams with a chance to win 4/7 from this team.

The scary thing is...Amare's offense and Shumperts defense will just be 100% bonuses to throw in for an additional 10-15 mins per game when they return.

This might be the deepest team in recent NBA history. They just have answers everywhere and are 3 deep at all positions. Foul trouble isn't even a concern. The best thing of all is, the east is so weak and Miami is on a championship hangover, with no bite to them. So, it's not even a question of WILL they make the finals...its, how many games will they lose in total? Maybe 4?

Beating the Thunder or Memphis will be difficult, but certainly doable. Those are the only 2 teams with a chance to win 4/7 from this team.

Now I am as big a Knick fan as anyone (at one point had season tix for 18 straight years right after Pitino made them competitive again), but as the legendary Keith Jackson likes to say "Whoa Nelli"...

Now I am as big a Knick fan as anyone (at one point had season tix for 18 straight years right after Pitino made them competitive again), but as the legendary Keith Jackson likes to say "Whoa Nelli"...

Haha I appreciate his enthusiasm. Sometimes I wish he shared that same enthusiasm for SU basketball.

I wanted Lin back, I made no bones about that. I still thought they should've matched and had him and Felton.

But anyway, the Knicks are legitimately very good. They probably won't make 12 3's per game at 41% all year, but they move the ball so well and get a ton of open looks.