O: Mike Lindsley fired by Albany radio station | Syracusefan.com

O: Mike Lindsley fired by Albany radio station

I'm not one to typically take satisfaction in someone else getting fired, but I know personally that Lindsley is not a good guy, on or off the air. He's the anti Axe in terms of "quality of the individual"

At least he has his good looks going for him
th

"They're out of the building". That sounds abrupt and not planned.

Gonna guess there is more to the story than getting duped by faux Shane spencer.

They are also getting rid of Bruce Jacobs. I recently moved to the Albany area, and on the way home from work I typically listen to sports radio, and I have to say, I hate people losing their jobs, but I look forward to not having to listen to Bruce Jacobs slurring his S's, particularly at the end of a word. I didn't mind Lidnsley doing the Yankee pre-game, but that was just him running down the line-ups and starting pitchers and such, and not him offering any opinions. Looks like they are cleaning house over there, and I look forward to hearing who they put on the air.

They are also getting rid of Bruce Jacobs. I recently moved to the Albany area, and on the way home from work I typically listen to sports radio, and I have to say, I hate people losing their jobs, but I look forward to not having to listen to Bruce Jacobs slurring his S's, particularly at the end of a word. I didn't mind Lidnsley doing the Yankee pre-game, but that was just him running down the line-ups and starting pitchers and such, and not him offering any opinions. Looks like they are cleaning house over there, and I look forward to hearing who they put on the air.

The local sports talk on that station is just plain bad, and has been so for awhile. That kid they call "Bricksy" is pretty good though, and I used to enjoy when Joe Calderone guest hosted. Maybe those two will get more play now.

The local sports talk on that station is just plain bad, and has been so for awhile. That kid they call "Bricksy" is pretty good though, and I used to enjoy when Joe Calderone guest hosted. Maybe those two will get more play now.
I agree "Bricksy" is much better than Bruce. The way Bruce talked was annoying. I did appreciate his point of view, he wasn't the worst, but his voice was irritating. Looking forward to hearing what they have coming up. The local show in the Utica area was really bad also, "The Cheap Seats". The main guy always called JB, James Earle Boeheim. I always felt like calling in and asking him if he was being serious. They did a great job of covering local high school sports, and that was very important and appreciated, but their show was baaaaad.