Oakland vs Toledo | Syracusefan.com

Oakland vs Toledo

pearl31

in cahoots
They played yesterday when our game was going and I watched most of the replay.

These are our next 2 opponents and they're both good teams. Oakland has Kendrick Nunn, a transfer from Illinois and he's a legit star - can score in many different ways and is averaging about 30 a game right now. However they (Oakland) seem a bit undisciplined and commit a bunch of turnovers - I think they'll struggle at least somewhat against our 2-3.

Toledo, on the other hand, is very well coached and disciplined. They have good size, with bigs who can post up and step out and hit 3s. They're not very athletic but, again, run really good offense and have players all over the court who can score.

I'm predicting a loss to Toledo - hope I'm wrong

any chance at the dance means we cant lose any of the NC games to no legit teams. kansas/uconn/gtown/maryland. have to find a way to win 1 of those and win the rest. Even that may be just a recipe to keeping the .500 streak alive

any chance at the dance means we cant lose any of the NC games to no legit teams. kansas/uconn/gtown/maryland. have to find a way to win 1 of those and win the rest. Even that may be just a recipe to keeping the .500 streak alive

We can lose to KU with no repercussions. Any other OOC loss has the potential to really hurt. Gtown could be awful thus year. Uconn is a mixed bag of who knows what but I feel they will need to win the AAC to make the tourney. Even MD who seems to be a good team is a home game for us and with Turgeun at the helm there is no guarantee he doesn't butcher the season.

Keep the winning season streak alive and no losses to former Big East rivals/current mid majors. Just like we had that stretch in the late 00’s losing to Drexel, Cleveland St., and Wichita. Gotta get back to beating those types of teams every time we play them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom