October 1st, 2005… | Syracusefan.com

October 1st, 2005…

Scooch

Living Legend
Syracuse played at Florida State, who was 4-0 and ranked 6th at the time.

We scored 14 points and gained 231 yards of total offense.

Greg Robinson roamed our sideline and we lost 38-14.

Last night we somehow managed to outstink that performance. It’s… not good.

During the chat in game I said this is the worst since 05. Those games were soul sucking

At least in years since we were competitively bad. That was d1 vs d3 feeling

During the chat in game I said this is the worst since 05. Those games were soul sucking

At least in years since we were competitively bad. That was d1 vs d3 feeling
2008 vs Penn State was the angriest I’ve ever been watching SU ineptitude. I don’t get that angry anymore, but I felt about as despondent last night. We had zero chance to win from the opening kick. It was brutal.

they ended up 8-5

if we're going to only look at high water marks, our high water mark was very good

they ended up 8-5

if we're going to only look at high water marks, our high water mark was very good
You know that wasn’t the main point.

2008 vs Penn State was the angriest I’ve ever been watching SU ineptitude. I don’t get that angry anymore, but I felt about as despondent last night. We had zero chance to win from the opening kick. It was brutal.
i don't feel that despondent when I know the players can't do it. why would i get mad that shrader can't throw, the line can't block, and the WR aren't close to ACC caliber. it has always been obvious. it's always been worse for me when the talent is there and we blew it

It's brutal. I was watching Wyoming-Colorado State on my laptop to support my mom's alma mater, at the same time I had the SU game on the tv. So I somewhat lost track of the SU game at times. I saw the clock winding down at the end of the 3rd and thought it was the end of the game and then realized "Holy crap we have another full quarter left of this!" For one of the few times in my life (Like in the single digits) I didn't make it to the end.

It's brutal. I was watching Wyoming-Colorado State on my laptop to support my mom's alma mater, at the same time I had the SU game on the tv. So I somewhat lost track of the SU game at times. I saw the clock winding down at the end of the 3rd and thought it was the end of the game and then realized "Holy crap we have another full quarter left of this!" For one of the few times in my life (Like in the single digits) I didn't make it to the end.
I flipped on Oregon-Washington at our halftime. Life is too short.

ranked 4th at the time does imply that team was better than this year's FSU team, which it wasn't
Was Robinson’s 2005 offense 40% better than this one?

i don't feel that despondent when I know the players can't do it. why would i get mad that shrader can't throw, the line can't block, and the WR aren't close to ACC caliber. it has always been obvious. it's always been worse for me when the talent is there and we blew it
I wasn’t mad.

I flipped on Oregon-Washington at our halftime. Life is too short.
Mostly the same. I went sound off on our game and sound on WASH/ORE (which was a very good game btw).

44cuse

Was Robinson’s 2005 offense 40% better than this one?
this year they beat virginia and uconn and louisville and they lost to them in 2005 but those apparently don't count

i just don't care about the difference between 38-14 and 38-3. it was 38-7 for 57 minutes in 05.

patterson wasn't bad against fsu. shrader was terrible. i think shrader is awful at throwing the ball and I give the coaches credit for getting anything out of him in the passing game.

FSU is going to roll everyone the rest of the way

unless you're great, you're going to have bad days similar to bad days in really bad seasons. 59-0 was as bad as it gets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom