Odds are: ACC Network '16/'17 and BBall in NYC (other side) | Syracusefan.com

Odds are: ACC Network '16/'17 and BBall in NYC (other side)

arbitragegls

All Conference
Whispers that are growing louder...and from Kevin White, AD Duke who is one of three on the ACC Network Committee feels very positive on the ACC Network for '16-'17 and BBall in NYC:

“Should we realize the objective in 2016, should we realize the channel objective, we’re going to be in an incredibly strong position for the next 15-20 years,” he said. “In my opinion, I think it will happen, and I think it will be wildly successful.”...from interview with David Teel

“And I think we’re kind of snuggling back up into the Burger King position with the grant of rights [the ACC’s 15 schools signed one in April] everybody’s renewed solidarity and our new market position. It’s amazing how quickly we’ve regained what had been our historic position. We were in a bit of a free fall, but we’re right back, and … I attribute all of it and more to John’s leadership."...interview from David Teel

Additionally, BBall in NYC is continuing to gain traction...from same interview:

“But at the same time, there’s a whole bunch of us that would love it, I don’t know how it all plays out, but I would like the ACC to have a very strong relationship with New York City. I’d be much less than honest if I didn’t say that. That’s the biggest media market in the world, great opportunity, and every one of our schools does LOTS of business up there, and I use that in the broadest context. … It’s right in the midst of our footprint, so to do something up there with some level of frequency is important.

What is important is this is same that I am hearing in the whisper...it is becoming louder and the naysayers may be surprised with what is in store for The ACC and Syracuse...and it is good, very good.
I will have more later...confirming the movement indicated above.

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

I was wondering where you've been. Thanks for the info.

For those that don't know, Kevin White used to be the AD at Notre Dame, FWIW.

Great stuff Arb, when would you expect an official announcement? Will it be similar to the SEC or B10. Also what of Raycom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw the dude of WV is reporting the ACC is on the verge of a network deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's is worth remembering that there are probably more students at Duke from New Jersey than there are from North Carolina. Any AD from Duke is going to be cognizant of that, and most of his attitudes will reflect that reality. I imagine that a NYC appearance is going to happen, but I also doubt that it will be as regular as many here would like it to be. Regardless, I doubt that Kevin White's concerns are that representative of the rest of the original ACC. His comments should be considered in this light.

Thanks for the post. I do have a question: what is a "Burger King position"??

The fact that Duke and ND want the ACC to have a strong presence in NYC is huge. Getting the tourney to MSG is not just a thing that SU wants to make happen.

If both of these things come to pass it will be VERY good news for Syracuse.

Exciting times ahead.

The fact that Duke and ND want the ACC to have a strong presence in NYC is huge. Getting the tourney to MSG is not just a thing that SU wants to make happen.

I'm sure they had a big influence on making sure Swofford put NYC conditions upon SU joining the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom