Odds say that Jim Boeheim's Syracuse basketball team has a 33-1 chance to win the 2015 NCAA title | Syracusefan.com

Odds say that Jim Boeheim's Syracuse basketball team has a 33-1 chance to win the 2015 NCAA title

I thought I read here that we would be rebuilding, a learning season and not very good. How can only 11 other teams be favored more heavily than us?

And Louisville is only slightly ahead of us???? That's good news, but I don't think I believe it.

I thought I read here that we would be rebuilding, a learning season and not very good. How can only 11 other teams be favored more heavily than us?
What were our odds prior to last season?

What were our odds prior to last season?

No idea but I'd imagine in the 20's somewhere. I think we were one of their top10 favored teams last year but its only a vague recollection.

And Louisville is only slightly ahead of us???? That's good news, but I don't think I believe it.
Yeah, crazy stuff. I would put Wisconsin ahead of Duke easily. In my eyes, KY and Wisc are head and shoulders above the rest.
I like the respect we are getting, but I see us with as many unknowns as for example, Uconn. So how can we be twice as likely to win it? Strange list.

Its all about your name with these odds. Vegas knows fans of the popular teams will always throw 20-100 bucks on their favorite team when leaving Vegas. This doesn't mean Vegas considers us the 11th most likely team to win the NC, but that SU has a large loyal fanbase that will purchase tickets for them to win the NC and Vegas doesn't want those teams to get ridiculously good odds in case they go on to win the NC.

Alsacs said:
Its all about your name with these odds. Vegas knows fans of the popular teams will always throw 20-100 bucks on their favorite team when leaving Vegas. This doesn't mean Vegas considers us the 11th most likely team to win the NC, but that SU has a large loyal fanbase that will purchase tickets for them to win the NC and Vegas doesn't want those teams to get ridiculously good odds in case they go on to win the NC.

Makes perfect sense, thanks.

Yeah, crazy stuff. I would put Wisconsin ahead of Duke easily. In my eyes, KY and Wisc are head and shoulders above the rest.
I like the respect we are getting, but I see us with as many unknowns as for example, Uconn. So how can we be twice as likely to win it? Strange list.
Duke's bringing in that monster class, so they're feeling the Kentucky effect.