Off day -Buffalo | Syracusefan.com

Off day -Buffalo

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Spent yesterday exploring several stops on the Niagara Wine trail. Never visited this one before and while it's quite a ways behind the Finger Lakes and Hudson Valley there are signs that they are getting there. We met up with a group of four women from Philly at a couple of stops. They leave their husbands behind every spring and pick a first weekend venue where they can watch hoops and squeeze in a wine tour. Found out early they are intense Duke-haters so I'd share updates from XM radio on Duke-Mercer and we ended up celebrating the Mercer win with Philly deli treats and a bottle of wine at Freedom Run Winery. Turns out one of the four coached at Northeastern years ago and knows Jim Calhoun fairly well. Terrific respect for his coaching accomplishments and knowledge and says she has no doubt he'll be successful if he goes to BC. Much less complimentary in his off court persona. I won't share details on a public forum but let's just say he was an aggressive supporter of one half of the student-athlete equation to the detriment of the other half.

Dinner and hoops at Sidelines last night - I'll echo jvbj's comments in a separate thread and heartily recommend it. Good food, good atmosphere and lots of Orange love. Then to top it off I met Bill Raftery at breakfast at the hotel this morning. Thanked him for making the game so enjoyable and for his lifetime record against 'Cuse.

Going to shoot for a late lunch at the new Buffalo Dinosaur then off to FNC.

Go Orange!

Just one more quick comment on the wine for the oenophiles out there. VERY inconsistent. We hit five and I enjoyed Freedom Run and Arrowhead. The other three were VERY immature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom