Off to a Slow ACC Recruiting Start..posted 6/9/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Off to a Slow ACC Recruiting Start..posted 6/9/18

Nazir, courtney and nunn are going to blow up. Im very content right now

Aren't they camp offers?
And those 6 could still get P5 offers before signing day.
No doubt, there's high value in camp offers but It doesnt mean the staff didnt settle for lower targets.

We also have 6 commits with no other power five offers.

We have 6 with no power 5 offers and 2 of them are the Canadians (6 of 12 have P5 offers) 50%

In 2018 through August 3 we had 9 kids and Jawhar was DNQ, so 8 kids. 3 of 8 did not have a P5 offer. Lutz, Froumy, Horan. 2-4-7 said Dixon had LVille and Purdue, Rivals said he had none. So it was either 4 of 8 or 5 of 8. Either 50% or 63%...and Dixon isn’t even here anymore either...so toss that out to

What’s also interesting is the 2 Canadian kids with no P5 offers. 2-4-7 says they are our #1 ranked and #4 ranked recruits so there’s that to.

Last edited:
We have 6 with no power 5 offers and 2 of them are the Canadians (6 of 12 have P5 offers) 50%

In 2018 through August 3 we had 9 kids and Jawhar was DNQ, so 8 kids. 3 of 8 did not have a P5 offer. Lutz, Froumy, Horan. 2-4-7 said Dixon had LVille and Purdue, Rivals said he had none. So it was either 4 of 8 or 5 of 8. Either 50% or 63%...and Dixon isn’t even here anymore either...so toss that out to

What’s also interesting is the 2 Canadian kids with no P5 offers. 2-4-7 says they are our #1 ranked and #4 ranked recruits so there’s that to.

Your last sentence is VERY interesting. In Riva-- rankings, they are two of our lowest rated players. In 24-7, they are two of the top four in a class rated three stars across the board [but for one exception].

It all comes down to which perspective you want to pay attention to.

We also have 6 commits with no other power five offers.

This is not stated as a pollyanna response.

But offers today don't = what the eventual offer list will prove to be.

We saw that last year, where we desperately had to cling to several recruits until the bitter end.

Some guys won't get recruited much, especially if they indicate to new teams that they aren't receptive. IN such cases, those players won't garner many additional offers.

But some of these guys might.

I honestly think some of you are barking up the wrong tree with respect to the quality of this class -- and Money, you know that I respect the hell out of your contributions, and I know how plugged in you are to NYS football.

That statement was my whole point on saying the classes are similar. As it stands today on the same date last year, theres not much separating them.

That statement was my whole point on saying the classes are similar. As it stands today on the same date last year, theres not much separating them.

Wasn't calling you or anyone else out out -- just making an observation about the way our class is being assessed by two different, prominent recruiting services -- with one service scouting the class as much lower, and one rating the class substantially higher.

I think this class is going to be rated much higher as time progresses, and I think many of the prospects we've lined up will have more P5 offers than what they do today, and stating my belief that some of the current star ratings will increase over time [to some degree] as some of these prospects get evaluated more thoroughly by the recruiting services.

I fully acknowledge in advance that this is 100% my opinion, but based upon how I expect things to unfold as other teams begin to make overtures to our commits.

Last edited:

We saw that last year, where we desperately had to cling to several recruits until the bitter end.

Some guys won't get recruited much, especially if they indicate to new teams that they aren't receptive. IN such cases, those players won't garner many additional offers.

But some of these guys might.

I honestly think some of you are barking up the wrong tree with respect to the quality of this class -- and Money, you know that I respect the hell out of your contributions, and I know how plugged in you are to NYS football.
All I can tell you is that we missed on some targets we didnt expect to miss on and we settled on a few additional camp kids. All the commits are capable of having great senior years and earning more offers. With the current commits I see kids that fit the system and can develop into good players in a few years. As far as P5 offers, it is not the only indicator of a kids potential but we can't disregard them either. There's a reason why coaches copy cat offer. Ive had prospects in the past who had coaches offers without seeing the film. They offered because another school did, because of their reputation of finding good talent.

24/7 is levels more reliable at this point than the other two sites, its not very close.

Also, people forget Dino brought in Abdul Adams and Triston Jackson for 2019 as well.

We did not have a “slow start” we’re just bringing camp talent in, the chips will fall after some wins in the fall.

Last edited:
All I can tell you is that we missed on some targets we didnt expect to miss on and we settled on a few additional camp kids. All the commits are capable of having great senior years and earning more offers. With the current commits I see kids that fit the system and can develop into good players in a few years. As far as P5 offers, it is not the only indicator of a kids potential but we can't disregard them either. There's a reason why coaches copy cat offer. Ive had prospects in the past who had coaches offers without seeing the film. They offered because another school did, because of their reputation of finding good talent.
I guess now we will wait and see if other coaches start offering because they have a camp offer from SU.

Curious but why settle in June/July?

I can't get myself too worked up over the recruiting anymore, on the positive or negative side.

Last season I thought we saw a big change with Jordan and Sampson - neither of them are here.

I'll get fired up when we start landing 4 stars. Won't get too down really ever.

I realize this means I may never get that fired up.

Curious but why settle in June/July?
Settle is probably a word I shouldnt used. Sounds more desperate and I dont think we are in a desperation. They just missed on some guys that were higher on their board. Every team does at this point. Every staff makes the decision to close with their current options or not. Remember, a lot of these kids will sign in December so you can't expect many options after that. You get a verbal now If you feel good enough about a kid.

I guess now we will wait and see if other coaches start offering because they have a camp offer from SU.
yup, maybe we wont ever hear of them due to the loyalty of the kid. I do remember hearing Dino say they try to hide kids because he knew others would pursue.

I can't get myself too worked up over the recruiting anymore, on the positive or negative side.

Last season I thought we saw a big change with Jordan and Sampson - neither of them are here.

I'll get fired up when we start landing 4 stars. Won't get too down really ever.

I realize this means I may never get that fired up.
Smart man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom