middle of the zone

• cj fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2-3zone

2nd String
We all know when you have a guy who can make plays from the free throw line vs. our zone thats when we get in trouble I don't understand why we don't use our guy (cj fair) in the same way. I would love to see us park cj at the line and let him make the plays out of the middle

He looked lost when he got the ball at the FT line. Far too indecisive

I would rather have southerland there in all honesty. But I agree.

I'll ask it again- what does a typical practice entail? I want details.

MCW at the free throw line might be a nice change. He was taken out of the game by the zone. Put the ball in the corner and flash MCW to the high post, he can hit that shot or make a pass.

I agree with all of you - I think CJ or James flashing high and getting the ball and then turning to pass when the defense comes up is the key to beating zone defenses for us. It seems as if either this is not practiced (specifically the square up and look to the low post) or the skill is not being transferred to the game situations. It also requires someone in position (and ready to catch the ball) at the low post/baseline area.

At many times our zone offense looked like one guy dribbling with four other guys not really sure where to go. It reminds me of a pickup game at the Y where everyone has an idea of what should happen, but nobody's sure what the other people are going to do. You end up with a lot of standing around or two people in roughly the same spot at the same time.

I cannot imagine that they do not practice zone offense. I too would love to hear what practice entails and why it appears to not be taking hold in game situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom