Offering top players isn't enough | Syracusefan.com

Offering top players isn't enough

CaliCuse

All American
GM and SS need to be somewhat realistic with thir allotted money and time. Do we have a legitimate shot with some of these kids or are we trying to impress the fan base? If KJ ever gets off the pot and makes a decision today he might be a factor in making us more desirable to others out there. Bottom line is succeeding with commits will induce other as much perhaps as winning.
I think of guys like Mavety and Ollison who are two kid i really want for the 2014.:p

GM and SS need to be somewhat realistic with thir allotted money and time. Do we have a legitimate shot with some of these kids or are we trying to impress the fan base? If KJ ever gets off the pot and makes a decision today he might be a factor in making us more desirable to others out there. Bottom line is succeeding with commits will induce other as much perhaps as winning.
I think of guys like Mavety and Ollison who are two kid i really want for the 2014.:p
Cali, its like the lottery, you have virtually no chance at winning. So, do you play? The question is mote, if you don't play, you don't win. If you don't offer, they won't come here, period. That is the first step in the process. And, not to be nitpicky, but here goes, this is SS team and as much as I love GM, he is just a part of that team. We are seeing some successes because unlike DM who was what I thought was over controling on his team, SS is letting his guys go to work and laying the foundation on what I feel are successful elements in establishing our program. Would I love to see some of these big guys sign on? Sure, but the reality is you have to build a bridge strong enough to bring these guys here. I think we will end up with a class somewhere in the low 40's this year, and that would be the step I am talking about!

i have no idea what the thread topic has to do with your following comments?

Cali, the way it works is that you offer every prospect that fits your recruiting needs in your recruiting areas or where you have an in. The staff offers, then gauges interest. If the player doesn't reciprocate, the staff moves on. I highly doubt the staff is spending any significant amount of time on players that don't show Syracuse interest after the initial offer. This isn't NCAA 2013 where if you spend all of your resources on one top player you can turn him into a commit even if he has zero interest after you offer, lol.

it's getting very old

Honeslty I've stopped replying to him because of crap like this ... wash rinse repeat ... over and over and over and over it is enough to give you a headache isn't it?

Cali, its like the lottery, you have virtually no chance at winning. So, do you play? The question is mote, if you don't play, you don't win. If you don't offer, they won't come here, period. That is the first step in the process. And, not to be nitpicky, but here goes, this is SS team and as much as I love GM, he is just a part of that team. We are seeing some successes because unlike DM who was what I thought was over controling on his team, SS is letting his guys go to work and laying the foundation on what I feel are successful elements in establishing our program. Would I love to see some of these big guys sign on? Sure, but the reality is you have to build a bridge strong enough to bring these guys here. I think we will end up with a class somewhere in the low 40's this year, and that would be the step I am talking about!

Are there aligators in your mote?

We've gone from mute to mote.

It's moot people, MOOT.

I can't decide whether or not I agree with your point, Cali. Perhaps you could persuade me with more tales from Hollywood TV?

I could see the staff giving the higher rated kids an offer and just telling them wait and see. If they produce on the field this year then they could be interested, if not then we lose out on a recruit we never were in play with anyways.

With KJ locked in, time to set our sites on Ish & Curtis on "O" and close with the H & H connections on "D". (Holley & Hendrix) How you feel about that "Cali" my friend....I for one am feeling pretty darn good about the SS team right at this moment and it has nothing to do with that bottle Morro Bay 2007 Cabernet I just knocked off either! ;)

With KJ locked in, time to set our sites on Ish & Curtis on "O" and close with the H & H connections on "D". (Holley & Hendrix) How you feel about that "Cali" my friend....I for one am feeling pretty darn good about the SS team right at this moment and it has nothing to do with that bottle Morro Bay 2007 Cabernet I just knocked off either! ;)
We aren't getting both of Holley/Hendrix, we probably won't even get one...