Officer vs Carter | Syracusefan.com

Officer vs Carter

585Football

Walk On
Eastridge HS (2-0) and Alex Officer face off against Brighton (1-1) and Devan Carter tonight. Eastridge is heavily favored, but it still will be interesting to see the top two kids out of Rochester face off.

Eastridge HS (2-0) and Alex Officer face off against Brighton (1-1) and Devan Carter tonight. Eastridge is heavily favored, but it still will be interesting to see the top two kids out of Rochester face off.

I really love the prospect of Devan Carter. I think physically he's the best looking kid in this class. Actually he and Augustus are darn near clones. I'm really excited about Carter though, he'll inject some much needed size into the linebacking corp. I wonder if he's projected inside or outside.

I am very, very happy we landed Carter. Great size and athleticism at a critical position in a few years once some of our veterans graduate.

when i first saw this thread, i thought you were talking about an officer vs malcolm cater.

I too am excited about Carter, but I hope no one tries to pencil him in to the starting lineup before he gets on campus.

He's going to need some coaching before he's ready to contribute.

Carter sounds like physically he is a prototype linebacker, but does he have the instincts, aggressiveness and mean streak that the great linebackers have?

I too am excited about Carter, but I hope no one tries to pencil him in to the starting lineup before he gets on campus.

He's going to need some coaching before he's ready to contribute.

The good news is that--unlike in year's past--we don't NEED to pencil him into the starting lineup. 4 out of our top 6 LBs return next year, and players like Carter can be utilized to merely bolster depth [or even redshirt].

The good news is that--unlike in year's past--we don't NEED to pencil him into the starting lineup. 4 out of our top 6 LBs return next year, and players like Carter can be utilized to merely bolster depth [or even redshirt].

Agreed. I'm just afraid people will get caught up in the spring time boredom that last year put Myles Davis in as the starting Middle Linebacker or this year put Omari Palmer competing with Foy and Trudo for the starting RG spot.

is Carter playing LB this season for Brighton? any of the Rochester folks on here going to catch this game?

Carter is playing LB too. I will be there. I heard LB coach Scott Morrison will be attending too.

Officer.jpg

I'm going with Carter's team and Carter himself despite that injury I just hope he/Carter doesn't wind up like Myles Davis.Davis was a natural at the MIKE and now looks like he never gets on the field much less at the MIKE.:bang:

I'm going with Carter's team and Carter himself despite that injury I just hope he/Carter doesn't wind up like Myles Davis.Davis was a natural at the MIKE and now looks like he never gets on the field much less at the MIKE.:bang:

Myles had several knee injuries.

Carter broke the fibula or tibula in his leg. he should be fine in the future. I forget his name but I beleive an SU kid from several years ago had the same injury (FB from Maryland) and he ended up making it to the pro's. What the heck was his name, strong as an ox.

Myles had several knee injuries.

Carter broke the fibula or tibula in his leg. he should be fine in the future. I forget his name but I beleive an SU kid from several years ago had the same injury (FB from Maryland) and he ended up making it to the pro's. What the heck was his name, strong as an ox.
Tony Fiametta?

Cali, you realize Myles mobility has been hugely affected by his injury, right? He can't close on a kid playing prep ball, he won't be able to do it at the D1 level. They switched him to FB for that reason. No need to be super mobile.

According to one of Devan's coaches, the cast is off, everything is healed, and rehab is going great. He's also been hitting the upper body hard during the injury and is about 225-230 right now. Also sounds like a couple other schools have come in hard after him about playing RB.

According to one of Devan's coaches, the cast is off, everything is healed, and rehab is going great. He's also been hitting the upper body hard during the injury and is about 225-230 right now. Also sounds like a couple other schools have come in hard after him about playing RB.

Let me guess. One of them is Rutgers?

As much as it pains me to see him in Rutgers stuff, Quentin is such a great kid. That whole family is just great. So glad he ended up making it D1.

i hear ya...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom